Originally hailing from Chicago, Illinois, I got my start by sarcastically entertaining teenagers around school lunch tables. My first legitimate break was avoiding suspensions by entertaining school disciplinary officers. After high school, I continued my sarcastic career entertaining students and faculty at Wright College in Chicago. During this time, I began volunteering with at risk teenagers in Chicago's Inner City. It was while volunteering that I discover a passion for comedy and entertaining. I was also fortunate enough to volunteer with Chet Harding (who went on to become the founder of Boston's Improv Asylum). Harding encouraged me to get involved with The Second City Chicago and I am exceptionally grateful that he did, because I went on to accomplish...
- Studied improvisation at The Second City, Chicago under Ed Garza, Michael Gellman and others.
- Studied music improvisation at The Second City (Music Improv Conservatory), under Mike Shreeman, Michael Descoteaux and others.
- Studied acting and improvisation at McKary Arts, under Antione McKay.
- Studied creative writing at Wright College of Chicago.
- Ensemble Member for various imporv troupes, including: Recapitulation, Junk Mail Improv, About 72 Ounces and Fourteen Minus Four.
- Coached various improv troupes, including: Monkey Business the Comedy Comedy House Ensemble.
- Host and Emcee for various comedy shows and special events, including: Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Children's Memorial Hospital Emergency Fund, Under Pressure Comedy.
- Founder and Artistic Director of The Popcorn Assassins Improv Troupe and The Popcorn Assassin Production Company.
- Talent Coordinator for Bingo Bango Chicago.
- Marketing and Social Media Consultant for Comedy UpStairs.
- Founder, Producer, Director and Talent Coordinator of Under Pressure Comedy, Chicago.
- Performed Stand-up Comedy with: Doby Maxwell, Tom Simmons, Patty Vasquez, Michael Palascak and and many others.
- Performed Stand-up Comedy for: Blue State Comedy Tour, The War on Comedy Tour, Going Deeper Tour, Comics For a Cure III, V and VI, Zanies Comedy Clubs, Laugh Factory, Jokes 4 Miles, Edge Comedy Productions, MikeyO Comedy Productions and Popcorn Assassin Productions.
"You're not wired correctly!"
- David G. McClone, MD, PhD [board certified neurological surgeon, professor of neurological surgery]
"Brian is consummate professional. Edgy and hilarious. It's been a while since I've seen a comedian who could think that fast on his feet"
"Brian blends great material with impeccable timing and superb delivery."
- James Freeman, Comedian [Going Deeper Tour]
"Brian is one of the few guys in the scene that isn't a**hole when it comes to booking people."
"Brian is one of the most likable comics in the Chicago comedy scene."
- Dave Odd , Comedian [NBC, BBC, Edge Comedy Club Founder]
"Just a love for the work and the joy it brings."
- Antoine McKay, Actor [Second City ABC, NBC, CBS, Film]
"Brian is that rarest breed of performer."
- Vincent Truman, Director [Viable Theater Company, Suspicious Clowns]
"That was the single greatest demonstration of hobo-wrangling I have ever witnessed. Super Props to you, good sir! "
- Rachel Dlugopolski, Actor [Candy in Church]
"I can't wait to come back to your sweet ass room."
- Matt Slater, Comedian
"Your room is wonderful, intimate, artistic and attentive."
- Dustin Kaufman, Comedian
"I saw your performance in Illinois the other day, and to you I say, great job, worth every penny. You got a future too."
- Alex, Audience (note: he got in for free)
To the impressionable class clowns: I got away with acting stupid because I was an exceptionally smart straight A student with perfect attendance! Being funny can lead to a career, but being well educated will ensure your career doesn't involve flipping burgers!
Name: Brian Connor
Lives in: Berlin, Germany
Company: Popcorn Assassin Productions
Occupation: Actor, Art Director and Comedian
Unique traits: I'm funny!
Documentary by RBB Berlin, Germany Self
Tagesschau (news segment)
Television by RBB Berlin, Germany Self
Metro Mix, What to See in Chicago
Television by CLTV Chicago, IL. Bubba Muski
Midwest Comedy Nights, Half Hour Comedy Special
Television by CAN Lafayette, IN. Bubba Muski
Zany Brany Christmas Gift Ideas (news segment)
Television by WGN Chicago, IL. Self
Thedia Samara Award - Funniest and Most Impressive Bio on S32
Oscar - Best use of self control in a scene with pizza.
People's Choice Award - Most disgusting display of public pizza consumption.
Noble Peace Prize - Best diplomatic peace discussions over a pizza dinner.
Pulitizer Prize - Best award fabrication stories involving pizza.
City Colleges of Chicago-Wilbur Wright College (Chicago, IL)