Known for her “wildly creative artistic sense”, “beautiful writing style”, and being “very easy to collaborate with”, Laurie is a versatile and highly skilled writer and creator of dynamic entertainment, education and marketing content.
Laurie has written 100 produced film, video and audio scripts, including the feature film GUITAR MAN, which has earned 14 film festival wins - two for the screenplay. Many of the education and marketing projects also received honors, including an Emmy nomination, Aegis, Telly, and CINE Golden Eagle awards.
Laurie puts her BFA in Film Production from NYU Tisch School of the Arts to good use. Short films and videos she produced and directed have been distributed and well-received internationally. Festigious Competition included her in their list of 30 Female Directors You Should Know.• I've written 100 produced film, video and audio scripts for education, entertainment and marketing projects.
• Art, heart and soul in each project.
• Translate complex material into clear, concise, engaging content, including dramatizing books into TV and film script.
• Ability and experience to gracefully handle controversial topics. For example, book editing for Selling Sex in the 21st Century and Penis Envy: 101 Things To Do If You Think Your Penis Is Too Small, and writing a series of PSA scripts for the U.S. Army Sexual Harassment/Assault Response and Prevention Program.
• Optioned TV Pilot - adaptation of three historical novels.
• Feature - working with producer on holiday comedy screenplay.
Dedication to empowering creativity:
• Provide compassionate consulting, coaching, editing, proofing for screenwriters and authors.
• Edited three writing exercise anthology books in the Now Write! series.
• Organize and moderator writers' event panels with guest Now Write! contributors.
• Hosted free telecons for International Screenwriters' Association for four years.
• Designed and taught creative writing workshops for at-risk teen girls through Free Arts for Abused Children.
• Designed and taught screenwriting and Creative Writing For Entrepreneurs workshops
Unique traits: • Professional • Award-winning • Integrity • Artistic sensibility • Solution-oriented, can-do work ethic
Off-Stage Fright Budget: $100K - $1M | Mystery ⋄ Drama A Psychological Mystery In the early 1960s, celebrities were able to keep the secrets and scandals of their private lives hidden. An arranged celebrity romance between an American movie star and an Italian singer seeking a cross-over career in Hollywood goes terribly wrong when she starts to take it seriously and he takes his own life. Off-Stage Fright peels back the layers on the “beautiful people” who seem to have it all, until tragedy strikes.
Film by Angel Baker Productions/Laurie Lamson (Romance and Short) Director, Editor, co-Writer, co-Producer Eternal Waltz is a multi-award winning epic short romance about soul recognition and a love that spans lifetimes - from 1887 to the post-apocalyptic future.
Born To Lead: The Sal Aunese Story
Film (Documentary and Sport) Miscellaneous Crew The true story of the first Samoan Quarterback who took his team to a National Championship....only not in the way that you think.
Si se puede!?
Film (Short) Producer, Camera A mini-documentary that records the Gran Marcha Immigrant March in Los Angeles on May 1, 2006. Sights and sounds combined with music and spoken word to form a 'documentary poem'. No interviews - the signs participants carry do the talking.
Family Values in the Goddess Years
Film (Comedy and Short) Writer, Director, Producer A feminine comedy about a happy family that breaks down when Sonny falls in with the wrong crowd and starts behaving strangely. The source of his problem is revealed when the Lad-About-Town, the Connoisseur, the Stud and the Pseudo-Intellectual attend Mommy's eclectic birthday party. She discovers they're spreading Young Man's Disease and Sonny has caught it. What's a mother to do? Can she save her son from this dreaded disease? Or must she learn to live and let live with obnoxious young men roaming the earth? Written by Laurie Lamson
Satan Was a Lady
Film (Drama) Casting department Wishman's plot rotates around the maneuverings of a whore who longs for a touch of mink and a seat at the finer tables in life. Blackmail, betrayal, murder and malice are all part of her tender trade. Lord help anyone who lays in her way. Written by Beau Gillespie, Producer
Film (Drama and Mystery) Writer In the early 1960s, celebrities were able to keep the secrets and scandals of their private lives hidden. A tough, sexy Italian singer is matched with a popular but troubled American actor in a planned high-profile romance designed to advance both their careers. But when he kills himself and the public blames her, she must solve the mystery of his suicide. Her journey into his secret life leads to her own self-discovery and a chance for real love. Written by Laurie Lamson
Sleeping with the Lion
Film (Thriller) Writer Greed and evil rear its ugly head when a group of unlikely individuals become stranded in one of the worst snow storms of the century...What would you do to survive?
All Fall Down
Film (Action) Producer Political thriller exposing the Secret Service cover up of drug smuggling by the President's son while in office. A dark tale of high times and how they all fall down.
Late Night with Conan O'Brien
TV Series Miscellaneous Crew