Michael has written or co-written 13 feature screenplays, 4 of which have been optioned and 4 of which have won 6 national writing competitions.
“A DOGGONE CHRISTMAS”, a family Christmas comedy co-written with Travis Mann, recently won overall First Place in the 2013 Scriptwriters Network High Concept Screenplay Competition.
“GODSPEED” (also co-written with Travis Mann) won First Place in the 2009 Feel Good Film Festival Screenplay Competition, was a Semi-Finalist (top 2%) in the American Screenwriting Competition, the PAGE Screenwriting Awards and the Final Draft “Big Break” Screenplay Competition. The script was also an Official Selection of the International Family Film Festival.
“NUCLEAR ONE” (also co-written with Travis Mann) won First Place in the 2012 Sunscreen Film Festival Screenplay Competition and was a Finalist (Top 20) in the Champion Screenwriting Competition and the Beverly Hills Film Festival Screenplay Competition.
“RED HATS” (also co-written with Travis Mann) won First Place in the 2011 Fresh Voices Screenplay Competition, Action-Adventure Category and was the Grand prize Winner in the 2012 Script Pipeline Screenplay Competition. Red Hats was also a Finalist, (6th Place out of 2,000 entries) in the American Screenwriting Competition.
Three of Michael’s other screenplays have also placed as Finalists in competitions.
Michael also produced a short film for the 168 hour film festival. “A Temp For All Seasons” was completed in 2 weeks (1 week to write and prep, 1 week to shoot and post) on a budget of just $2,000 and won 5 awards, including Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor and Best Original Score.
“Temp” was also a Finalist in the Now Casting Film Festival, and an Official Selection of the Int’l Family Film Festival; Liberty Film Festival; MovieFone Short Film Festival; Oxford International Festival of Films; Damah Film Festival; and NewFilmmakers LA.
Name: Michael Toay
Lives in: Vancouver, Canada
Company: MT2 Entertainment & HubCast Media Productions
Occupation: Producer, Screenwriter and Script Consultant
Unique traits: Loves Ohio State Football, Puns and the Canadian rock band RUSH
- FIRST PLACE, 2013 High Concept Screenplay Competition - A DOGGONE CHRISTMAS
- Second Place, 2013 Fresh Voice Screenplay Competition, Family / Animated category - A DOGGONE CHRISTMAS
- GRAND PRIZE WINNER (out of 3,500+ entries) 2012 Script Pipeline Competition - RED HATS
- FIRST PLACE, 2011 Fresh Voices Screenplay Competition, Action-Adventure Category - RED HATS
- FIRST PLACE, 2012 Sunscreen Film Festival Screenplay Competition - NUCLEAR ONE
- Finalist, 2012 Writer’s Store Screenplay Replay Competition - RUBICON
- Semi-Finalist, 2012 Bankable Script Competition - MULLIGAN
- Semi-Finalist, 2011 Fresh Voices Screenplay Competition - MAGNETIC
- FIRST PLACE, Feel Good Film Festival Screenplay Competition - GODSPEED
- WINNER 5 awards, including Best Picture, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Original Score, 168 hour film festival - A TEMP FOR ALL SEASONS
Southern Methodist University (Dallas, TX)