Hello fellow Stage 32ers!
We wanted to kick off the week by highlighting some of our favorite success stories from the writers who have worked with us in Script Services in 2018. I get asked all the time what it's like behind the scenes here at Stage 32 and I have one word - it's BUSY. We love having incredible mentors that work with us (over 500 development executives, managers, producers and agents) to give our writers feedback on how their material fits in the marketplace. What we love even more is when a connection is made and introduction is facilitated and words on the page become an instant connection between two people.
From August through the end of 2018, over 150 meetings were coordinated between the writers of Stage 32 and the execs who work with us. That's just from the final third of the year! These writers have used Stage 32 to grow in their writing, put in the hard work, and push their careers forward. Join me in congratulating them!
Some of our amazing writers at the January Stage 32 screenwriters meetup in LA with literary manger Devon Byers (make sure to check the Stage 32 meetups for the next one!)
- Jon Hersh, Manager at Housefire Management (formerly with CAA and Broad Green) signed Aaron Benjamin after a Stage 32 pitch session for his script THE BASTARD OF ROBERT E. LEE.
- Julia Glausi from CAA requested a meeting with Kris Lippert for his script BLACK TALON after she read it doing Stage 32 Premium Coverage!
- Jeff Singer, Producer at Stowaway Films has taken a meeting with Rolando Gomez for his script 12 DEAD MEN.
- Samantha Schifrien from Rosey TV took a meeting with Peter Malone Elliott and she is now helping him find a manager and try to get him repped for staffing season or find a writer's PA gig!
- Justin Calen Chenn signs with Epicenter and CAA after getting pitch session feedback from Ramo Law.
- Christian Taylor from Taylor Lane Productions, who released Measure of a Man in theaters last year, took a meeting with Sara Dahman after giving her pitch feedback on her script KATIE SIOUX and with Lionel Lober for his script LONG SHOT.
- Michael Tapia, Producer for Facebook's Paging Dr. Patel, requested a meeting with Aaron Shaw for his script CHIBA after reading it for Premium Script Coverage. They are working on a rewrite and Michael wants to keep working with Aaron!
- Catherine Keithley, the Director of Development for Brian Graden Media took a meeting with Tamara Hudson for her project SOLO after she gave feedback on her pitch!
- Producer and Financier Todd Remis (Cannes Official Section Under the Silver Lake), met with Jesse Harris, Sara Dahmen, Donnalyn Vojta and Joseph Armario after he gave pitch feedback in a session!
- Michael Wertz is working with Catherine Keithley of Brian Graden Media on a new sizzle reel to take to market.
- Manager David Chien from Art/Work Entertainment met with Steffen Andrews after giving feedback for his pitch AURORA!
- Producer Christopher Ufland met with Eric Carlson after giving feedback on his pitch and reading his script FIRST AROUND.
- Manager and Producer Daniel Kendrick from Chatrone signed Stage 32 member Donovan Cook, he is now staffed on a Netflix show.
- Justin L. Ross of Bohemia Group Originals has exclusively taken on William Holden's project FORBIDDEN SCIENCE and is currently out to production companies.
And that's just SOME of the behind-the-scenes! We have much, much more that we'll be sharing with you every Monday here on the Stage 32 blog to keep you writing and motivated!
And, if you ever have any questions just shoot an email to email@example.com
Like this blog post? Please share it on social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, email etc) by using social media buttons at the top of the blog. Or post to your personal blog and anywhere else you feel appropriate. Thank you.
As always, we welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the Comments section below...