Well, we are now officially past the mid point of 2015. Incredible. Wasn’t it just yesterday we were all discussing our goals for the year?
I thought now would be a good time to do a mid-year check-in and see how you’re all doing thus far. Are you on track? Do you need a push?
I’d be happy to get things rolling. Back in January, in the blog referenced above, I identified the following as my partial list of 2015 goals:
Some of what I am planning on accomplishing in 2015 includes writing 2 scripts, completing my crowdsourcing book for Focal Press, dipping my toes back into acting, filming a short and implementing a myriad of Stage 32 initiatives.
- To date, I haven’t broken ground on one script, no less two. But, I‘m not letting that get me down. A good part of the first half of the year was spent negotiating the rights to a book for a screenplay I plan to begin writing shortly. I’ve already begun outlining and holding interviews with the main players.
- As it relates to my crowdsourcing book, I’m heading into the homestretch. Still have some writing to complete and then deal with some structural responsibilities before Focal can take the book to press.
- On the acting front, I’ve taken a few classes, attended a few seminars and solicited advice from a variety of people in the know. As a result, I’ve been offered a handful of jobs, all of which I am considering.
- I have not been able to get the plans to film a short off the ground. This is partially due to two films I am considering producing. I’ll take the tradeoff at this point.
- Finally, I am extremely pleased with the progress we’ve made with Stage 32. We worked for months on the first phase of Stage 32 3.0 and more exciting initiatives are in the pipeline including an update of our app. More than half the first 5 months of 2015 were spent on the road in support of our efforts with the site culminating with our invite to present at the Cannes Film Festival’s NEXT pavilion as one of the spotlight companies bridging the gap between tech and entertainment. In all, we took over 130 meetings at Cannes, many of those are leading to remarkable partnerships and other plans that will benefit this amazing community. I’m more than satisfied that I’m hitting my goals on this front.In fact, I feel like I’m playing with house money for the rest of 2015.
OK, so now it’s your turn. How’s it going?
Let’s take this opportunity to not only check in, but to assist one another. Perhaps there are collaborations to be made, advice to be shared or simply support we can lend.
Remember, we’re all in this together.
Like this blog post? Please share it on social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, email etc) by using social media buttons at the top of the blog. Or post to your personal blog and anywhere else you feel appropriate. Thank you.
As always, we welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the Comments section below...