Recently, Stage 32's fearless leader Richard "RB" Botto sat down for a conversation with Jordan Brady, director, and host of the podcast Respect the Process.
In RB's episode, he dishes out honest and inspirational advice about the entertainment industry and the pursuit of creative and entrepreneurial endeavors.
A Few Highlights:
- "Most people say 'Time is Money', but I say 'Time is Time'" - You can always get money back, you cannot get time back. Pay attention to how you spend your time. Are you toiling away fantasizing about other people's amazing careers? Or are you actually working towards making your own career and connections amazing and rooted in authenticity?
- The difference between crowdfunding and crowdsourcing - Why you should build an army of support for your brand or project through crowdsourcing. Offer something of value to your audience, don't just constantly ask for something.
- "There are a million roads into the business - no one has the same story. But there is only one road out and that is quitting"
Listen to the Podcast Below!
Full Breakdown of Episode Topics
- Why does Richard Botto go by "RB"? [2:58]
- The Story of Stage 32 [4:30]
- Telling Your Story the Way You Want To (Indie Filmmaking) [12:30]
- The Importance of Understanding (and adapting to) the Industry [16:30]
- How to Invest in Your Career & Be the CEO of "You" [25:30]
- How to Create a Creative System that Works for You [33:00]
- About RB's Book "Crowdsourcing for Filmmakers" [35:00]
- Are you doing too much? How to balance work and creative pursuits [42:20]
About Respect the Process Podcast:
Respect the Process with Jordan Brady is all about filmmaking for commercials, brand stories, web content, by the filmmakers and creative that make them.
Let's hear your thoughts in the comments below!
Got an idea for a post? Or have you collaborated with Stage 32 members to create a project? We'd love to hear about it. Email Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org and let's get your post published!
Please help support your fellow Stage 32ers by sharing this on social. Check out the social media buttons at the top to share on Instagram @stage32online Twitter @stage32 Facebook @stage32 and LinkedIn @stage32