Hey, Stage 32 Collaborators!
This week in the lounges, we've had a fantastic mix of requests for information and advice offered, of fun and engaging "getting to know you" questions, and straight-up requests for links. Even if you're dedicatedly one occupation (e.g. Screenwriter
, etc.), I would highly recommend joining in conversations in adjacent roles. Screenwriters can pop over to the Acting Lounge
or the Producing Lounge
for insight into characters or pitching. Actors can dip into the Filmmaking Lounge
or Animation Lounge
for advice about on-set protocols or voice-over practices. Filmmakers can benefit from the Cinematography Lounge
or the Post-Production Lounge
regarding camera language or editing techniques.
Keep in mind that these lounges are like the VIP Filmmaker's Lounges at Film Festivals, so this is where you can meet the people doing the work, get advice on anything you're working on, and/or give back to those who may need advice. We're a very supportive and encouraging community!
In case you've missed out on previous conversations in these lounges, here are a few of the most popular and engaging posts from the past week:
- [What Makes a Good] Reel
- This is a great opportunity for editors to contribute as well!
- Maintaining Vocal Health During Stressful Times
- This is a great post for mental health, too!
- Chuck Jones on Iconic Animated Characters
- This is a great discussion for anyone storyboarding!
- What a DP looks for in a Director...
- This is a great discussion for anyone putting together a budget!
- Composers Wanted: Audio Storytelling Collective
- This is a great opportunity to be a part of the groundwork of a project and meet new creative partners.
- How to Submit to Film Festivals on Your Own
- This is fantastic information for Producers and Filmmakers alike!
- Drop Your Reels or Short Links
- This is a great opportunity for Filmmakers and Producers alike!
- The Film That Lit Your Fuse
- This is a great way to mix and mingle with other members!
- An ADR newbie seeking advice
- This is a great opportunity for any one who teaches ADR remotely!
- Academy Awards Announce New Guidelines for Best Picture
- This is a great way to get to know members and reflect on what we're creating as Screenwriters as well.
Click on the link, add a comment, or start a post of your own! What do you want to talk about?
Just want to promote your website, reel, or other link to your work? Be sure to post in the Your Stage Lounge
for feedback or promotion! Not sure which lounge to post in? Feel free to direct message me on Stage 32
and I will gladly suggest next steps!
Thanks for checking out this week's highlights, and I look forward to seeing each of you in the lounges!
About Karen E. Ross
K. Ross is a graduate of Colorado Film School and Regis University in Denver, Colorado. She’s a screenwriter, actor/director, and producer based out of Los Angeles. Originally from the DC area, she’s written and produced several short films, hosts "The Pre-Pro Podcast" aimed at teenagers interested in media, and is currently developing a slate of new material, including a coming-of-age TV Pilot set at the Renaissance Festival and a feature film about how "compassion fatigue" affects everyday people. She enjoys acting, directing, and being interviewed, just like her fun-loving mentor, Kevin Smith. She loves opportunities to work with inclusive, diverse, and driven professionals.
Let's hear your thoughts in the comments below!
Got an idea for a post? Or have you collaborated with Stage 32 members to create a project? We'd love to hear about it. Email Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org and let's get your post published!
Please help support your fellow Stage 32ers by sharing this on social. Check out the social media buttons at the top to share on Instagram @stage32online Twitter @stage32 Facebook @stage32 and LinkedIn @stage-32