Happiest of New Years, Stage 32-ers!
I hope you all are taking it easy after the holiday excitement, but I also hope you’ve set your sights on conquering your creative journey!
Crawling. Striding. Dancing. However you find yourself in the New Year, I hope you’ve had quality time with loved ones, time to reflect on the past year, and found inspiration for how to move forward this year. Wait… how DO we move forward?
The creative journey and the professional journey are not too dissimilar - you learn, you practice, you challenge yourself through application, and then you reflect so you can figure out what’s next to learn. In this way, we are all on this journey together, whether novice or seasoned professional. We’re all learning and growing. We’re all taking stock of what has passed so we can improve our future.
Crazy thing is - when we’re all on this journey together and work together in the process, then we learn from each other. We challenge each other. We lift each other up. Do you know what I’ve learned from you, my Stage 32 fam? I’ve learned that when you show up, put yourself out there, do the work, celebrate victories, try something new, reflect, ask for help, and give back when you can, then you crawl, stride, and dance your way to success. And those lessons were just from the past few weeks! Thanks, Stage 32 fam! What an amazing community we have!
Please enjoy the first Top 10 Stage32 Lounge Posts (and LESSONS) in 2021:
1. LEARN BY SHOWING UP: What Was the Best Thing You Learned on Today’s AMA with Our Founder and CEO Richard Botto
2. LEARN BY PUTTING YOURSELF OUT THERE: London-based Stage 32 Member Adam Morse Gets Distribution After Sharing His Story on the Stage 32 Blog
4. LEARN BY GIVING BACK: Should You Direct and DP Your Project? NO! And Here’s Why!
6. LEARN BY REFLECTING: Foreign Language Films - Unfair Categorizing?
7. LEARN BY ASKING FOR HELP: Pitch Question - “We Meet…”?
8. LEARN BY ASKING FOR HELP, ROUND 2: Logline Hell
9. CELEBRATE THEN ASK FOR HELP: Ripple Optioned for Animated Feature
10. ASK FOR HELP AND PUT YOURSELF OUT THERE: In Need of Assistance
Let's hear your thoughts in the comments below!
Got an idea for a post? Or have you collaborated with Stage 32 members to create a project? We'd love to hear about it. Email Taylor at email@example.com and let's get your post published!
Please help support your fellow Stage 32ers by sharing this on social. Check out the social media buttons at the top to share on Instagram @stage32online Twitter @stage32 Facebook @stage32 and LinkedIn @stage-32
|Coffee & Content: Creating The Queen's Gambit & Director's Roundtable with Oliver Stone & Barry Jenkins|
|2020 Entertainment Business Overview & What to Expect in 2021|