I am honored to present to you the worldwide premiere of the inaugural Stage 32 Short Film Program. This program was curated by the incredible industry executives who judged our First Annual Short Film Contest and features 6 amazing directors (from 3 countries) all with bright futures ahead. This is the same program that played at Raindance last fall and will be shown this summer at Hollyshorts. The films and the filmmakers will also be exposed to over 500 more industry executives working with Stage 32!
Now, no matter where you live in the world you are taking part in a unique and exclusive event! Once again, congratulations to all the filmmakers!
And, stay tuned, we will be announcing the details for our 2nd Annual Short Film Contest next week!
NOTE: This program is no longer available and was live for 1 day only. If you an executive, manager or producer who is interested in viewing the films for consideration please send a direct message to Managing Director, Amanda Toney. Check back for next years winners.
The 2015 Stage 32 Short Film Program Winners:
Ark – Greg Jonkajtys (San Francisco, CA, USA)
This Modern Man is Beat - David J Schroeder (Miami, FL USA)
Low Fi – Alejandro Montoya (Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA)
The Voice In The Head – Cyrus Trafford (London, UK)
Anxious Oswald Greene – Marshall Axani (Vancouver, Canada)
Killer – WINNER - Matt Kazman (Brooklyn, NY, USA)
The 2015 Stage 32 Short Film Program Judges:
- Jairo Alvarado (Manager at Circle of Confusion), is responsible for discovering Amsterdam-based filmmaker Mischa Rozema and developing his short film SUNDAYS. The short film sparked a multi-studio and agency bidding war and was eventually acquired by Warner Bros. for a 7 figure development deal.
Stephanie Wilcox (VP of Development at Rumble Films) has co-produced the Oscar and Sundance winner WHIPLASH, written and directed by Damien Chazelle. Stephanie was part of the team that took WHIPLASH from a short film and developed it into a feature, which was released by Sony Pictures Classics, winning multiple awards.
Andrew Beck (Production and Development Executive, The Weinstein Company) is a production and development executive at The Weinstein Company. Prior to TWC, he was an analyst in HBO’s Original Programming- Strategy, Planning & Operations department and a researcher at Columbia University’s Institute for Social and Economic Research and Policy. Beck is a graduate of NYU and Columbia University’s Graduate School of the Arts.
Jennifer Breslow (VP Scripted Series at Lifetime), Jennifer was instrumental to finding short film SEQUIN RAZE at SXSW 2013 and later shepherding and developing it into the series UnREAL currently airing on Lifetime.
- Amanda Johnson Zetterstrom (Executive, Full Fathom Five) while at Animal Kingdom she co-produced Destin Daniel Cretton’s SHORT TERM 12 which started as a critically acclaimed short film that she helped develop into a feature indie darling, winning over 37 awards including the Grand Jury Prize and Audience Award at SXSW and was released by Cinedigm in 2013.
- Nate Matteson, (Producer & Manager, Gotham Group) has helped transition a dozen filmmaker’s short films into features (including HENLEY that was turned into THE BOY) that were set up at Paramount, Universal, Bold Films, FX, Lionsgate/Relativity and more.
- Elliot Grove – (Producer & Founder of Raindance) who has produced over 150 short films, and 5 feature films.
Plus, if you're looking to make your first short film or brush up on your skills for your next film, this Monday join producer Jason Mirch (Flight, Best Exotic Marigold Hotel) who developed Arab Film Studio (short film development program) while at Image Nation, as he brings you a 5 session master class with special guests each week, including:
- Christina Snider - Casting Associate, Susan Edelman Casting (Melrose Place, Malcolm in the Middle, Drop Dead Diva, Wonder Years)
- Michael Carney - Director (Same Kind of Different As Me)
- BC Smith - Composer (Brothers, Adultworld, The United States of Leland)
- Sean Findley - VFX Supervisor (Spy, 99 Homes, Chronicle)
- Abeer Abu Schmeiss - Marketing Director, Image Nation (He Named Me Malala, Flight,The Help, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel)
Short Film Master Class - Learn To Take Your Idea From Concept To Post-Production - Learn more by clicking here.
Like this blog post? Please share it on social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, email etc) by using social media buttons at the top of the blog. Or post to your personal blog and anywhere else you feel appropriate. Thank you.
And, please, share your thoughts with the filmmakers in the comments section below! They are available for questions.