Following graduation from The Evergreen State College in Olympia, WA, Benjamin Scott co-founded the independent production company Infinite Cre8tions Inc. Since 2003, he has produced live events, commercials and shorts for Amp3 PR, Tippi Hedren’s Shambala Fundraiser, MyReel.com
, Vision movies, Plug LA Daily, Chill Promotions, and The Production Group Studios.
He wrote, produced and directed the award winning pilots, The Munchies, American Surf Design, You be the Judge, and the sitcom The Au Pairs before working as the VP of Development for Eclectic Pictures on Playing For Keeps with Gerard Butler, Jessica Biel, Uma Thurman, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and Dennis Quaid.
Benjamin is a Co-Producer on Lovelace starring Amanda Seyfried, Peter Sarsgaard, James Franco, Sharon Stone, Eric Roberts, Chris Noth, and Chloe Sevigny, and premiered in Sundance 2013.
Benjamin produced the spoof film Paranormal Movie directed by and starring Kevin Farely, Carly Craig, Nicky Whelan, William Katt, Maria Menounos and Eric Roberts.
In 2015, Benjamin was brought on to the Woodstock Film Festival as both a Programming Consultant and a juror on the Short Films panel, alongside Mary Stuart Masterson and Nancy Collet. He is currently in post-production on his next feature, As It's Remembered and in development on four more!
Benjamin Scott's credits include:
Tips on pitching to Benjamin:
- Pitch conversationally when pitching verbally. Don't put so much pressure on yourself when pitching. Pitch to him like you are pitching to a friend.
- Keep the pitch succinct and streamlined when pitching in written form. Keep it as focused on the main throughline as possible.
Tips on pitching to Benjamin Scott
- You may only pitch ONE project per reservation. Execs are looking for projects they can develop, NOT portfolios.
- You should have a completed script available upon request for the project you pitch.
- Do not reach out to the executives unless directed by Stage 32. They do NOT accept unsolicited material or appreciate being cold-called/emailed by strangers.
- Missed reservations are not refundable and will not be rescheduled.
Within 15 minutes of your scheduled pitch, the exec will reach out by Skype or Phone. Your pitch session will last approximately 8 minutes.
Written Pitches will be no more than 2 pages submitted as a PDF or WORD document. Any written pitch uploaded past the deadline will not be shown to the executive and will result in a non-refundable forfeiture of your pitch.
Within 3-4 weeks of your pitch session, you will receive a Pitch Scorecard on which the exec you pitched will provide pitch feedback and note if they are PASSing, or would like to REQUEST your material.
If you are requested, you will be notified via email with further instructions. The execs will have 2-3 months to review your material and note if they are PASSing, or would like a MEETING. If a meeting is requested, we will introduce you via email.
Please understand that these are working executives, and their schedules are subject to change at a moment's notice. We always strive to give you at least 24 hours of notice if a session has been cancelled, and we will recommend another executive for you to pitch your material to.
Need help with your pitch?
Download the Stage 32 Pitching Guidebook
Questions or Concerns?