Technical Director/Lighting Designer/Sound
||New York City, New York
Experimental • Independent
| Date Added
||Jul 17, 2019
| Date Updated
||Jul 17, 2019
||Aug 7, 2019
About the job
Silver Glass Productions is seeking an experienced Tech Director/Lighting Designer for the production of “Life” a physical, devised theatrical piece on the effects of Artificial Intelligence on human life at the Players Theatre in NYC 8/26 & 08/27. We are looking for a creative problem solver who approaches their work with a positive attitude and thrives being in a team environment. Must have availability for all times listed.
- attend production meeting (2 hours, TBD, 08/12-08/23)
- attend venue walkthrough (1 hour, TBD 08/12-08/23)
- obtain lighting plot/ground plan from theater
- attend design run through (08/24/19)
- prepare rough cue synopsis
- tech rehearsal (08/25/19)
- hang/gel/focus lights
- set up lighting/sound board
- build light and sound cues
- run the show (sound and light) (08/26/19 & 08/27/19)
- reset lights after the show
- Proficiency with ETC 48/96, QLab
- Prior lighting/tech experience is a must
- BA in tech theatre is encouraged
- Looking for a motivated self-starter; ability to anticipate needs of the production
- Ideal candidate has an MFA or a BFA/BA in technical theatre and at least 2 years professional experience.
- Excellent communication skills, professional manner, and a desire to collaborate are vital.
Send cover letter and resume with relevant experience to: email@example.com
with “Tech Director/Light Designer” in the subject line.
Compensation: $440 for the run