||New York City, New York
All genres, all formats.
| Date Added
||Nov 17, 2020
| Date Updated
||Nov 17, 2020
||May 17, 2021
About the job
Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in the field of fundraising and producing
Primary responsibilities: initiates, coordinates, supervises and controls all aspects of a production, from fundraising to arranging for distributors. The Executive Producer sees the project through to the end, from development to completion. The Executive Producer raises the money that pays for the film to be made, and is responsible for anything affecting the budget of the film. The Executive Producer manages the film through production and secures distribution for it when it is finished. The Executive Producer will help to secure financing for a slate of projects happening at any given time, in various stages of development.
As Executive Producer, you will be responsible for:
- Owning the overall strategy for successful fundraising and securing financing needs for any given film project.
- Achieving financial targets while managing multiple revenue channels.
- Preparing the budget for each project and ensuring expenditures are reasonable.
- Recruiting and leading high-level volunteer assistants to implement and successfully complete assigned fundraising goals.
- Driving new financing development and growing the number of new partnerships supporting any given project.
- Participating in fundraising events, film festivals and industry functions that will provide networking and visibility opportunities to facilitate generating new business contacts.
- In this role, you will become a partner in our company, comprised of three: a writer/director and a coordinating producer. You will be a co-owner in the company from the ground up and share in the profits. You will report to the other two owners in the company as we grow and expand our brand.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in production
- 5-7 years of experience in fundraising, executive management and/or sales with 3+ years of managerial experience preferably with fundraising staff in a similar organization.
- Knowledge and skills in fundraising principles, practices, and techniques.
- Ability and experience in researching, recruiting,and encouraging top-level donors, angel investors, and other sources of financing options such as (but not limited to): Equity driven financing structures; Pre-sales driven structures; International Co-production/soft-money structures.
- Excellent listening skills, including verbal and non-verbal communication, active listening, negotiating, problem-solving and decision-making
- Highly effective organizational skills, time management, responsibility, leadership, and motivation
- Ability to work outside of standard hours which may involve some evenings and/or weekends
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively for film festivals and industry events.
Job location is anywhere.