Filmmaking / Directing : Equipment by Anthony Dail


I have a Manfrotto tripod for my dslr. I'm looking for some type of attachment to mount a 7inch monitor on the side of the tripod in the accessories port. Does anyone know what it's called or where I can get one? It should only be a arm, and it shouldn't cost a lot I think .. Thank you.

Richard "RB" Botto

Gonna bump this up...I definitely don't have the answer, but let's see if we can get someone who does to ring in.

Royce Allen Dudley

Israeli Arms are common- eventually they break. UltraLite arms are what a lot of people are using on larger rigs - I use them, they are great, but $200 is a basic setup. I am pretty sure SmallRig sells a variety of similar parts on amazon that can do what you seek. I feel you may want to get a base for the camera and bolt the camera to the base so the monitor comes off the tripod with the camera for handheld. A little odd at first, it's how I use DSLRs, without a shoulder rig- works great once you are used to the monitor snugged right behind the camera.

Anthony D Paul

I ordered one from custombrackets. I can hold a monitor and the microphone and something else if I need it.

Anthony Dail


Other topics in Filmmaking / Directing:

register for stage 32 Register / Log In