Filmmaking / Directing : On-set teacher for minors by Beth E. Barry

Beth E. Barry

On-set teacher for minors

Hello: I want to get registered in LA as a teacher for minors on set. I am a SAG-AFTRA actor and also a licensed working public school teacher. I am planning a move to LA and am wondering how/who do I contact to get in the LA index for crew, if that exists in LA, for this position. Thank you.

David Japka

Hi Beth, I have hired many "studio teachers" (formally known as welfare workers) for onset work. Check out these pages. It does takes a lot of knowledge to be in this field. Please read through all the information and make sure that you conform with CA state rules. Also Studio teachers are often IASTE union members as well. You might ALSO want to check to see if the wages pay enough for Southern California's high cost-of-living. Keep me informed if this was helpful to you. Sincerely, David

Beth E. Barry

Thanks very much for the information. This is what I needed to know. Mahalo.

Other topics in Filmmaking / Directing:

register for stage 32 Register / Log In