Barnes & Noble
201 Rowan Boulevard
Glassboro, New Jersey
Wednesday, July 22nd
|23 Members | 90 Meetups|
|REGISTER TO JOIN|
Please join Assistant Organizer Stephen Lombardo for the monthly Workshopping Session on Wednesday July 22nd from 6:30-9pm at the Rowan Barnes and Noble in Glassboro, NJ. Writers with screenplays in any stage of development are welcome. If you would like to workshop your own pages, please read the guidelines below. Thanks!
6:30-7:00 – Sign in, Meet & Greet, Open Discussion
7:00-7:45 – Workshop Script One
7:50-8:35 – Workshop Script Two
8:35-8:50 – Production/Open Discussions
8:50-9:00 – Straighten Up
Format/Rules for Workshopping Scripts
1. Character Assignment and Table Read (10 min.)
a. Writers, please have character names ready to be assigned, to members, for reading.
2. Critiquing (25 min.)
a. Writers must remain silent. No questions! No explanations! You’re merely a fly on the wall. Take notes for questions later.
b. MUST start with at least one positive response, followed by one or two respectful critiques, then on to the next person.
i. All responses MUST be explained, along with a solution/suggestion for addressing.
ii. Remember, writers are baring their souls so please remain on topic at all times.
3. Writer’s Time (10 min.)
a. Writers, this is your time. Refer to your notes. Ask questions. Explain.
Script Submission Procedures
Scripts/pages for workshopping are determined on a first come first serve basis. They can be short stories, scenes, or pages from a feature. To allow for adequate critiquing time, submissions must not exceed ten pages. We understand that some may be concerned with copyright infringement, so with the groups help two submission techniques have been developed.
Submission #1: Email your pages directly to me, Stephen Lombardo.
• To be eligible for the workshop, I must receive pages at least ten days prior to the workshop session.
• One week prior to the session I will email only the pages, for that week’s session, to the members registered for the MeetUp. They will be asked to pre-read, critique (with notes), and bring their own copy to the workshop.
Submission #2: At least one week prior to the workshop, shoot me a brief email of interest to submit.
• I will reply as to whether or not you will be going that week. If that session is filled, I will inform you of your spot on the waiting list.
• IMPORTANT!!! By submitting your request in this manner, it is your responsibility to print enough for the members attending the workshop, along with a few extras.