As natural born creative, I do it all.
I'm a screenwriter, songwriter, and singer mostly, and it's how I spend 95% of my free time. I'm not complaining. :) Gonna be doing a demo soon! I also love Improv, dancing, and personal development. I'd like to get into acting, playwriting, and I'm hoping to get some stand up under my belt at some point. I'm also a small business owner. I love my life!
I'm sort of nerdy about my creative heroes (see my profile pic.)
(Creative) Life Goals:
1) Meet Debbie Gibson and thank her for making me want to be a songwriter when I was 8 years old.
2) Have Diane Warren and Bob Gaudio mentor me.
3) Work on a show with Mark Duplass
4) Meet Frankie Valli
5) Write and star in an independent film (working on it now!)
6) Create a web series
7) Write several hit songs
8) Record an album
9) Be a cartoon voice
10) Create things that really resonate and connect with my audience.
Name: Melissa Willis
Lives in: Washington, D. C.
Occupation: Screenwriter, Songwriter and Singer
Unique traits: I'm pretty weird, but I'm also pretty me - and there's nothing else I'd rather be.
WildSound Top 50 Loglines/Top 100 Scripts
Stage 32 Happy Writers Comedy Contest (Original Pilot), Semi-Finalist, March
WildSound TV Spec (Existing Show), Winner, May
University of Maryland: College Park (College Park, MD)