Jay Miracle BIOGRAPHY
Jay Miracle has extensive experience as a filmmaker in both Film and Television, and has worked in several capacities in both Production and Post Production.
He has either Directed, Produced, Edited, and/or Written on the following projects:
- “20 Feet from Stardom” - Documentary Feature - Additional Editor -
Radius/TWC - won 2014 Academy Award for Best Feature Documentary and the 2014 Independent Spirit Award for Best Documentary
- “Hearts of Darkness, A Filmmaker's Apocalypse” - Feature Documentary - Editor - Showtime - won several Festival Awards and a Primetime Emmy for Editing and the A.C.E. Editing Award
- “Impostors”- One Hour Documentary Special - Director, Writer, and Co- Producer - Discovery Channel - Nominated for a Primetime Emmy
- “American Midnight” and “Lost Lightning, The Stolen Secrets of
Nikola Tesla” - Two Television Documentaries - Director and Writer - Liberty Entertainment
- “Dick Powell, Thanks a Million” - Writer - A&E Biography Series
Jay recently completed “Tea with Charles”, a Feature Documentary on the Academy Motion Picture Home and one of its distinguished residents: British Director Charles Jarrott (“Anne of a Thousand Days”, “Mary, Queen of Scots”).
Jay also directed the independent Feature: “Submission”, starring Corbin Bernsen and Simone MacKinnon, and was a Co-Producer on the period Western Feature: “Yellow Rock” - starring Michael Biehn and James Russo.
Jay has also Edited and/or Written four Feature documentaries within the past two years: “Bronies” (Editor), “Carpe Kilimanjaro”(Editor-Writer), “Newman” (Editor), “Touch the Wall” (Additional Editor), and “Return to the Philippines” (Writer-Editor).
He is a member of the Producers Guild of America, the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, International Documentary Association, and Film Independent.
Primetime Emmy - "Hearts of Darkness, a Filmmaker's Apocalypse" Editor