It's Introduce Yourself Weekend on Stage 32! Who are you? What have you been working on? We want to know! Head over to the Introduce Yourself Lounge and network with your fellow creatives - you never know when you'll make a connection that will change your career!
Jay Miracle BIOGRAPHY
Jay Miracle has extensive experience as a filmmaker in both Film and Television, and has worked in several capacities in both Production and Post Production.
He has either Directed, Produced, Edited, and/or Written on the following projects:
- “20 Feet from Stardom” - Documentary Feature - Additional Editor -
Radius/TWC - won 2014 Academy Award for Best Feature Documentary and the 2014 Independent Spirit Award for Best Documentary
- “Hearts of Darkness, A Filmmaker's Apocalypse” - Feature Documentary - Editor - Showtime - won several Festival Awards and a Primetime Emmy for Editing and the A.C.E. Editing Award
- “Impostors”- One Hour Documentary Special - Director, Writer, and Co- Producer - Discovery Channel - Nominated for a Primetime Emmy
- “American Midnight” and “Lost Lightning, The Stolen Secrets of
Nikola Tesla” - Two Television Documentaries - Director and Writer - Liberty Entertainment
- “Dick Powell, Thanks a Million” - Writer - A&E Biography Series
Jay recently completed “Tea with Charles”, a Feature Documentary on the Academy Motion Picture Home and one of its distinguished residents: British Director Charles Jarrott (“Anne of a Thousand Days”, “Mary, Queen of Scots”).
Jay also directed the independent Feature: “Submission”, starring Corbin Bernsen and Simone MacKinnon, and was a Co-Producer on the period Western Feature: “Yellow Rock” - starring Michael Biehn and James Russo.
Jay has also Edited and/or Written four Feature documentaries within the past two years: “Bronies” (Editor), “Carpe Kilimanjaro”(Editor-Writer), “Newman” (Editor), “Touch the Wall” (Additional Editor), and “Return to the Philippines” (Writer-Editor).
He is a member of the Producers Guild of America, the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, International Documentary Association, and Film Independent.
Primetime Emmy - "Hearts of Darkness, a Filmmaker's Apocalypse" Editor