Born in Bucharest, Romania, I lived twenty years under the grotesque dictatorial regime of Ceausescu. After the fall of the communism in 1989 I studied languages at the University in Bucharest, then received my Master’s at the Jagiellonian University in Krakow, Poland.
I have worn many hats, working as a translator, as a teacher, and eventually caring for animals both domestic and wild. I volunteered and worked for wildlife rescue and rehabilitation centers both in the US and Canada.
I live in Texas and OK, where I continue to dedicate most of my time to my animals and to writing.I am a strong human rights and animal rights activist.
I write humor my first book, The Healings, a humorous tale of a lonesome man and his talking cat came out in 2010.
You can read excerpts of my book and articles on my author's website at www.thehealings.net
My current projects include
- a play about the oppression of women worldwide,
- a short informative book about communism and how it is like to grow up under a dictatorship
- a children's book, titled Dr.Schnauzer and Nurse Lhassa, to be released soon
- a thriller/action novel about networks of terrorists from Balkans and US
- a series of interviews titled, Mahogany Keys The Complex Image of the African American Woman ( read a sample here http://www.authorsinfo.com/index.php?option=com_easyblog&view=entry&id=3... )
- a series of interviews titled, Mahogany Keys The Complex Image of the African American Man http://www.authorsinfo.com/index.php?option=com_easyblog&view=entry&id=2...
Please contact me directly if you wish to find out more about my projects
Name: Author Oana
Lives in: Dallas, Texas