In 2002, he started his own production company, Soultrotter Productions, with the sole intention to conceptualise ideas and produce quality productions that raise awareness and consciousness about worldwide cultures and movements, their art forms, thus uplifting the understanding and knowledge of these cultures while including the key people.
In 2011 Philip earned his master diploma in screenwriting at the Mediafonds in Holland and did a master class filmmaking with Spike Lee at the Binger Film institute.
With the short film ZOL’A he makes his directorial debut in drama film in 2012
His productions have been showcased worldwide and on national Dutch TV. A few of the highlights of Soultrotter productions :
• Writing/producing and directing a series of shorts called 360 for KINK TV/Veronica
• Writing/producing and directing The Pimp series, which made it to the MTV Short Film
Competition finals (2004)
• Writting/producing and directing the Funky Fighter series for MTV NL (2005).
• Directing the video artwork for a German/French theatre play Seul Ensemble (2007).
• Producing and directing the video work for “Kung Fu Hossel”- MC Theatre
• Soultrotter’s short films broadcasted on KBS, Korean national TV(2007).
• Writing and directing a theatre play “Koning Koopavond” (2010).
• Solo theatre performance Avalon Theatre-Hollywood during BBoy Summit
• Writing, directing and editing “Superhero for a day” VPRO-NL3 (2011)