JOEL W. DEIN
63-195A Alderton Street, Rego Park, NY 11374
Cell: 917/304-7002 E-mail: email@example.com
Highly motivated Emmy Award-winning producer seeking an opportunity to utilize public relations, advertising, marketing and video expertise, as well as personal strengths -- strong communications, management, interpersonal skills and proven leadership ability -- in a productive and challenging position. Proven success as a senior publicist and producer specializing in online, social media, print, electronic communications, and video production for entertainment, not-for-profit, and corporate organizations. Extensive media contacts and a consistently high track record of success delivering millions of dollars in earned media placements.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Television Producer – Event Planner – Director of Communications – Leadership – Decision Making – Project Management – Publicist – Marketing Strategist – Video/Audio Production – Creative Director – Advertising Consultant – Critical Thinking – Relationship Management – Corporate Sponsorship – Interpersonal Skills
United States Army
Entertainment Specialist - United States and Pacific Region
BIG APPLE CIRCUS, New York, NY (1997 – 2015)
Thirty-Seven year old international award-winning presenter of live family entertainment
Director of Communications
• Responsible for maintaining and overseeing the institution’s brand identity in all print, electronic and online applications, and developing new publications including, annual reports, specialized sales, informational brochures and educational materials.
• Represents the institution in the capacity of national media spokesperson. Supervises the Public Relations Manager and national network of eight local publicists. Conceived and created website and acts as Webmaster for the institution’s award-winning web site www.bigapplecircus.org. Initiates and oversees the execution of all national public relations, including local promotions and newspaper, magazine, television and radio campaigns which garners more media than all other live entertainment events in New York City, including Broadway, during the Circus’s annual Lincoln Center two and a half month premier engagement.
• As the Emmy Award-winning Big Apple Circus Executive-In-Charge-Of-Production, produced broadcast quality television and radio spots utilizing cutting-edge technology, for below industry costs. Recent major projects include spearheading the national media campaign, in coordination with PBS, for the six hour documentary “CIRCUS;” hands-on supervision of the worldwide debut concert on broadcast television of Britney Spear’s album “CIRCUS,” live on Good Morning America, from the Big Apple Circus Big Top (a unit of the BAC was subsequently embedded in the national tour which garnered more than $250,000 for the BAC, as a result of a percentage of national tour tickets sales, in addition to 12 months of global press for the BAC); produced a five minute segment on the Today Show with Meredith Vieira as a Clown Doctor in the Big Apple Circus’s Clown CareTm hospital clowning program; and the Emmy award-winning prime time, hour-long, documentary A Night At The Big Apple Circus: A 25th Anniversary Special,
JOEL W. DEIN (cont’d) firstname.lastname@example.org
• WABCTV/WCVB-TV. Additionally, in this capacity, produced reality, broadcast and cable shows with the Arts & Entertainment Network, Bravo, The Discovery Channel, The Disney Channel, National Geographic, Discovery Health, The Learning Channel, Nickelodeon as well as the major talk and magazine format shows on CBS, NBC, FOX, ABC, WB, UPN, PBS, Telemundo and Univision and various radio stations across the country.
• Create and perpetuate a national awareness of the Big Apple Circus Clown CareTm hospital clowning program, the institution’s primary community outreach program, through extensive national media exposure. Responsible for securing Meredith Vieira as first Celebrity Spokesperson for Clown CareTm.
• Write, edit and hands-on supervision of the production of all electronic and print collateral materials for the institution’s 11-month, 10-city annual tent production tour and North American 40-city stage show tour including, playbills, window cards, heralds and three sheets. Produce award-winning, profit-generating souvenir books for the tent production, these publications operated at a loss prior to my arrival.
• Responsible for acquiring the pro bono talents of internationally renowned film and TV celebrities for television and radio Public Service Announcements and for producing those PSAs.
• Initiated and currently responsible for the circus’ 13-year participation in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, the Columbus Day Parade, the Lincoln Center Tree Lighting Ceremony and annual promotions with Lord & Taylor, Bloomingdale’s, FAO Schwartz, Toys ‘R’ Us, and Barnes & Noble.
CONTEMPORARY INTERNATIONAL, St. Louis, MO (1996 – 1997)
ABHANN PRODUCTIONS, Dublin, Ireland
Theatrical production companies
Senior Press Representative
• Created and executed newspaper, magazine, television and radio public relations campaign for Rob Becker's Defending the Caveman, which resulted in the production becoming the longest-running solo play in Broadway history, and for Riverdance, which has become the most successful international touring entertainment phenomenon of the 1990’s.
• Instituted, developed and cultivated media relationships, which resulted in interviews and/or performances on every major radio and television talk show in the country.
• Conceived and pitched story ideas which resulted in feature articles and special sections devoted to the above clients in major local and national newspapers and magazines.
RELATED RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
JW MEDIA LTD. New York, NY
An independent and award-winning video consulting and production company which specialized in corporate videos. Prestigious client list includes major New York financial institutions such as Goldman Sachs and UBS.
DOUG WYLES PRODUCTIONS, PSA/USA, New York, NY
Director of Media Operations/Producer
Video and audio production company specializing in television and radio Public Service Announcements, film fund-raising trailers and not-for-profit broadcast specials.
JOEL W. DEIN (cont’d) email@example.com
• Realized a 75% increase in charitable contributions to the company's not-for-profit client base due to the creation, distribution and placement of quality television and radio PSAs.
• Hands-on supervision of a national staff of writers. Head writer of national radio and television public service announcements and theatrical (film) fund-raising trailers.
• Acquired the pro bono talents of internationally renowned film and TV celebrities for PSAs.
BUSINESS COMMITTEE FOR THE ARTS, New York, NY
National Arts Advocacy Not-For-Profit Organization
Director of Public Affairs
• Garnered the equivalent of five million dollars worth of pro bono print advertising on an annual budget of fifteen thousand dollars.
• Acted as media spokesperson and was directly responsible for creating a nationwide network of local chapters of the Business Committee for the Arts.
• Created and developed an outreach library of more than thirty "how to" research and case history publications.
New York University - B.A., Communications
PRSA (Public Relations Society of America)
ATPAM (Association of Theatrical Press Agents and Managers)*
* Veteran ATPAM Broadway Press Agent, representing more than 20 Broadway and Off-Broadway productions and touring companies.