I have a strong passion for Art and to help the special needs community. I believe that by using strengths within, many can overcome. I have developed a number of resources and donated the entire process to the non-profit organization, "The Gifted Learning Project". I assisted in starting this non-profit and serve on the board of various other special needs non-profits.
My heart beats for the special needs community which did not go unnoticed. In 2006, I was selected by the Family Fun magazine, Points of Light Foundation, and Walt Disney Company to be awarded the "Outstanding Volunteer Award". I am also the producer of the award-winning documentary on PBS, "Dakota's Pride - One Father's Search for the Truth about Down Syndrome". In the past several years, I have appeared on hundreds of radio and television shows including Fox News and quoted in The Kansas City Star, The Business Journal, and USA Today. I was also the lecturer at special needs conferences of all sizes and the Keynote Speaker at Notre Dame University.
• Writer-Producer: Hollywood International Independent Documentary Awards (HIIDA) Award-winning Dakota's Pride 2.0
• Writer—Executive Producer: Award-winning PBS Documentary Dakota’s Pride - A Documentary Film on Down Syndrome. - www.dakotaspride.org
• Production Assistant--Ride with the Devil, (Director: Ang Lee) Tobey Maguire, Jewel 1999- Feature Film -
• Actor—Blitzes and Donor, 1997 - Independent film Lead male
• Serves as a board member for Kansas/Western Missouri Branch of Internal Dyslexia Association
• President of the board and co-founder for The Gifted Learning Project both (501(3)c) organization. In 2006
• Selected by the Family Fun magazine, Points of Light Foundation, and Walt Disney Company for the Outstanding Volunteer Award
• Appeared on hundreds of radio and television shows including Fox News
• Quoted in The Kansas City Star, The Business Journal, and USA Today talking about Dyslexia.
• Lectured internationally for countless Teacher workshops, classroom discussions, Notre Dame, Learning Disabilities Worldwide, Inc. (LDW), Learning Disability Association (LDA), International Dyslexia Association (IDA) and Michigan Dyslexia Institute(MDI).
• Winner of the Ronald E. Weger award
• Writer and Producer of Signing Song educational DVD
• Writer and Producer of Signing bible Song educational DVD
• Writer and Producer of CD - Movie Music CD - Dakota's Pride Theme Songs Artist/Band
• Writer and Producer of SENSORY INTEGRATION STRATEGIES educational DVD
• Writer and Producer of Dehydrator Delights educational DVD
Education: B.S. in Drama
Dee Wallace Stone’s Acting workshops: Theater for actors.
The Red Green Show, TV Show, 1999
Foul's Foul, TV Show, 1999
Budweiser-Light Beer commercial, 1996
Over 210 Radio and TV talk show, author of Dyslexia My Life.
Theater In The Round
You Can’t Take It With You
ALEX’S CAGE Budget: $100K - $1M | Independent ⋄ Drama When their special needs child begins to struggle with adulthood, a devoted father and his career driven wife are presented with an impossible choice- one that will test their commitment to each other and their son.
By Love and Grace Budget: $100K - $1M | Biography ⋄ Family A spirited young man rises to the challenge of overcoming a disability that has left many others mired in despair.
Points of Light Foundation
Hollywood International Independent Documentary Awards (HIIDA)