I am equally adept at traditional orchestral and electronic composing and draw from an unusual and vast understanding of all genres of music. I can add the atmosphere needed to complement and solve your thematic ideas for sound and music.
I have recently scored the soundtrack for the film "FISHTANK" as well as "THE GLOWING HOURS" which was nominated for the "Gold Medal of Excellence in Original Music for a Dramatic Short Film" at the Park City Film Music Awards.
Other credits include working with Cliff Martinez as co-composer on several feature films including "ESPION(S)", which was nominated for Best First Film at the Cesar awards and "A L'ORIGINE", nominated for Best Score also at the Cesar awards. I also composed the music and sound design for FUTUROSCOPE in France.
You can hear my latest cinematic electro-acoustic production music, CINEMATIC DARK LIGHTS, recently recorded with the Budapest Philharmonic Orchestra at these links;
for all variations, MYMA http://www.myma-sync.com/#albumid_4044
and the trailer for Maps to the Stars by David Cronenberg https://youtube.com/watch?v=tsFnwgUlrxs where you can hear one of those tracks in action.
You can also hear my world music for production, WORLD FUSION 2, at these links;
for all variations, MYMA http://www.myma-sync.com/#albumid_4658
I hope you find my work interesting and effective. If you like what you hear, please contact me to discuss your project.
Robert Charles Mann
THENCAMENOW MUSIC BMI
*** Films, TV et Multimedia
• A Horse Called Oz, composer, Paul Michael Young director, LightKeeper Entertainment Ltd.
• Fishtank, composer, Clayton Burkhart director, Fist Name Basis Productions
• The Glowing Hours, composer, Paul Michael Young director, Emiane Entertainment Ltd.
• Parallel Vision, composer, Stefano Tartini director, Parallel Vision production
• Flight, composer, Tim Green director, AcroTwins production
• Futuroscope, composer, byVolta Sensory Factory production
• Espion(s), composer: additional music, Nicolas Saada director, Première Heure production
• A l’Origine, music programer, Xavier Giannoli director, EuropaCorp production
• The Wait, composer, Christopher Miles director, White Knuckles production
• Lift, composer, Tim Green director, AcroTwins production
• Severe Clear, music programmer, Kristian Fraga director, Sirk Productions
• People's Republic of Capitalism title theme, Koppel on Discovery, co-composer, Discovery Channel
• Stiletto, composer: additional music and original score mix, Nick Vallelonga director, Vallelonga Productions
• Stand Up Sortie, composer, Roham Rahmanian director, R&R Productions
• Career Criminal, composer: additional music, Midway Games, Inc.
• Investigation Discovery, music programmer and remixer, Discovery Channel
• Sony-Ericsson branding theme, composer, Lakehouse Music production
• Orpheus Descending, composer and sound designer, Clayton Burkhart director, Première Heure production
• Daniel Hechter, composer, Steve Hiett director, Saatchi production
• McAfee, composer, AudioReel production
• NextiraOne, composer, AudioReel production
• France Telecom, composer, byVolta Sensory Factory production
• Moët & Chandon, composer and sound designer, byVolta Sensory Factory production
• Vélizy2 Centre Commercial, sound designer, byVolta Sensory Factory production
• byVolta branding theme, composer
• Altern Ego, composer, Frédéric Monpierre director, 2DT production
• Wanted Alive, composer and sound designer, David Gil director
• Ducati, composer, Clayton Burkhart director, Première Heure production
• Kenzo, composer, Peter Strube director
• Gucci, composer, Peter Strube director
• Calvin Klein, composer, Peter Strube director
• Shiseido, composer, Peter Strube director
• Dark Lights - Budapest Philharmonic Orchestra, MYMA/Justement Music
• Espion(s) - Bande Originale du Filme, Première Heure
• Illyah Kuryahkin - Thirtycabminute, Arena Rock Recording
• Flight - Music for the Film, ThenCameNow Music
• Lift - Soundtrack for the Motion Picture, ThenCameNow Music
• Auraspheres, Partners In Rhyme producer
• Spiritual Rain, Partners In Rhyme producer
• Glacier : Vol 1, live conversions and synthetic ambiences, ThenCameNow Music
• The Glowing Hours – Gold Medal for Excellence in Original Music for a Dramatic Short Film at the Park City Film Music Awards 2012 (nominated)
• Espion(s) – Best First Film (nominated), Les César 2010, Paris France
• Orpheus Descending - Mention du Jury, Festival Silhouette 2007, Paris France
• Flight, composer, Forum of New European Opera, Leonardo Gasparini conductor
• Pacific Northwest Film Scoring Program, Edinburgh Scotland
• Ohio State University School of Music, Columbus Ohio USA
• Musicians Institute, Hollywood California USA
• City and Guilds of London Institute of Sound Engineering, London England
• English and French
Unique traits: Orchestral and Electronic Composition for Picture, Ambient Sound Design, Orchestration, MIDI Programming
Video (Documentary and Short) Miscellaneous Crew
The Glowing Hours
Film by Paul Young (Short and Drama) Composer 'The Glowing Hours' follows a young girl named Olivia through the intimate memories of her past, where she searches for the love of her mother and remembers a timeless promise she once made. As snow begins to fall over Christmas, Olivia arrives at the mysterious place Stowfield, where she forms an unlikely friendship with peculiar teenager Spook, both sharing a dream of their mothers and helping one another not to feel alone as they hang on the cusp of an unknown future. Written and directed by Paul Young and starring Maya Beresford, 'The Glowing Hours' is a sweet and magical story about transcending loss and finding hope in the darkest of places. Written by Anonymous
Film by Christopher Miles (Short, Crime, Drama and Mystery) Composer Terry Mitchell regains consciousness on her knees; battered, bruised, hands tied behind her back. Her captor puts a gun to her head and tells her in 10 minutes, her fate is 'out of his hands.' Meanwhile, her husband Brandon is running out of time. He's bleeding to death from a gunshot wound. Over the next 10 minutes, Terry pleads for her life, acquires a glass shard and distracts her captor while cutting away her binds. After Brandon dies, she finds her moment, frees herself and attacks-- During their scuffle, the Police arrive. They shoot and kill her captor as Terry slips away to freedom. All is well, except, the Police get bad news....... Written by Anonymous
Video by Timothy Green (Sport) Composer "Flight" takes a unique look at the sport of paragliding from the adventurers behind it: pilots, teams, manufacturers and concept designers - all of which share a common passion for the sky. We believe in the power of the story, especially told by the pioneers of the sport: "Flight" tells that story. Flight covers each discipline of paragliding with interviews from the top pilots and concept designers who have pioneered and pushed the sport to new levels. Written by Anonymous
Jalanj by Robert Ciesla (Short, Drama and Fantasy) Composer Footsteps is an experimental short film for absent friends.
Film by Kristian Fraga (Documentary) Music department As part of the first wave in the War on Terror, First Lieutenant Mike Scotti (awarded the Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal with Combat "V") served on the front lines during the 21 day advance to Baghdad. His experiences in Afghanistan as well as Iraq put him face to face with the sobering realities of war on a daily basis. Severe Clear offers an unflinching look at life on the battlefield through the eyes of someone who was there. Written by Marc Perez
Film by Nicolas Saada (Drama, Romance and Thriller) Music department
Film by Timothy Green (Short and Sport) Composer Lift documents the lifestyle of acrobatic paragliders Tim and Anthony Green, also known as the Acrotwins, and their adventures from the US to Europe. After years of other athletic pursuits the twins took up paragliding as an extreme sport at age 16 and are entirely self taught. The twins learned to fly on a golf course with a used parachute, a WWII harness and a golf cart. Moving to Chamonix, France, two years later, they began entering - and winning - local and international competitions. Described by the authors as a documentary about "our unique sport, worldwide travels and extreme antics", the film includes footage of daring stunts: Anthony climbing and flying off of a construction crane in Paris, Tim jumping off of the Foresthill bridge, the third highest bridge in the U.S., and a 'D-bag' (where the pilot drops off a paramotor or helicopter). Many aspects of the sport that are rarely seen, including flight preparations, interviews and insights from participants. Written by Anonymous
Film by Nick Vallelonga (Action, Crime, Drama and Thriller) Music department A methodical female assassin is stalking and killing members of a ruthless criminal organization. The killer, a mysterious young Russian woman, dispatches her victims with Black Widow brutality, working her way through the ranks of thugs, and drug dealers. One of her victims survives. A wealthy, retired crime boss, Virgil. He shares a past with the Russian Woman and her betrayal breaks his heart. Furious and paranoid, Virgil cannot trust even his closest associates. So, he enlists a crooked homicide detective, Beck, to track her down before the police get to her. Written by Anonymous
Film by Clayton Burkhart (Short) Sound department