It's Introduce Yourself Weekend! Every month thousands of creative connections are made on Stage 32 simply by taking the time to introduce yourself. Whether you're a Stage 32 veteran or a new member, click here to go to the Introduce Yourself Lounge and let us know what you're up to!
714-717-4289 • firstname.lastname@example.org • surfcityfilms.net
• “Broken,” produced, finalist in the 2014 PGA Make Your Mark film competition.
• “Meaningless,” sold to MyTeeVee as part of their MATCH series, 2013.
• “Dam 999,” $10 million feature released by Warner Brothers, November 2011, shortlisted for 2012 Best Picture Academy Award.
• “Vengeance, ” $25 million feature in pre-production, fully funded, 2013.
• “Storefront,” in development with Razor Pictures, 2013.
• “Freedom Café,” in development with Cinigi Lighthouse.
• “Performing Love,” in development with Cinigi Lighthouse.
• “Camel Wars,” $40 million feature John McTiernan was attached to direct.
• “Better Than Human,” feature drama written for Living Earth Productions.
• “Across the Red Line,” sports action feature rewritten for the Cannell Studios.
• “Zen Cowboy,” feature comedy written for Triad Films.
• “Time for Joy,” sitcom pilot and one episode written for Riviera Entertainment.
• “I Love Ludo,” half-hour sitcom pilot, written for Bu West Productions.
• 22 spec feature scripts completed, various genres
• How to Write High Structure, High Concept Movies (Xlibris Press).
• Screenwriting: The Formula (Writers Digest Books).
• God Wars: Living With Angels, (Echelon Press, 2011).
• Jo-Bri and the Two Worlds, (Book Baby, 2012).
• “The Seven Essential Elements of a Successful Screenplay” (Creative Screenwriting Magazine, produced 2005)
• “Credible Dialogue” (Creative Screenwriting Magazine, produced 2006)
• Winner, WildSound screenwriting competition (2012)
• Multiple Winner, Action on Film Festival (2011 & 2012)
• Best Screenplay, Telluride Indiefest (2004)
• Finalist, Los Angeles All Sports Film Festival (2011)
• Semi-Finalist Bankable Script competition (2012)
• VP of Development, Interpreter Films & Management/Writers Boot Camp
• Director of Development, Motion Picture Division, The Cannell Studios
• Director of Development, Midnight Soldiers Productions
• Story Editor, Freddie Fields Productions
• Freelance script analyst, TriStar, Interscope, Spelling, Turner, HBO, Goldwyn, et al.
• M.A. in Professional Writing, USC, Los Angeles, CA
• B.A. in Creative Writing, UVic, Victoria, Canada
Unique traits: I have a unique combination of skills -- a screenwriter, novelist, and former motion picture development executive, I bring a lot to the table.
Bach Rocks Comedy ⋄ Music ⋄ Musical ⋄ Romance A rock star is stranded at a classical music conservatory while being taped 24/7 by a reality TV show crew. He falls in love with the school's beautiful dean, who hates his music, his lifestyle and isn't crazy about his supermodel girlfriend either.
Balls of Different Sizes Comedy ⋄ Drama ⋄ Family ⋄ Sports A dyslexic teenage boy with a tough-guy attitude joins a girls’ softball team only to discover that the girls are tougher than he is, that it’s okay to ask for help, and that there is crying in softball.
The Life and Times of Lesbian Alien Opera Singers Comedy ⋄ Drama ⋄ Romance A billion-dollar movie threatens to bankrupt Hollywood, and the industry’s fate is in the hands of a technical writer who doesn’t care.
Spokes Comedy ⋄ Drama ⋄ Sports A billionaire widower trying to cope with his grief by obsessively riding his exercise bicycle is invited to compete in the Tour de France.
Spring Training Drama ⋄ Fantasy ⋄ Sports What happens if Babe Ruth shows up for spring training… in 2014… with Josh Gibson?
Hank and the Fairies Comedy ⋄ Drama ⋄ Family ⋄ Fantasy ⋄ Romance A mentally challenged, small-town man is chosen by fairies to save them from a coldhearted developer who wants to destroy their forest home.
Humalien Hunted by a race of alien assassins, a half-human, half-alien Earth woman is tasked to pick 1,000 humans worth saving from an impending holocaust that will destroy every living being on Earth.
Freedom Cafe Drama ⋄ Independent ⋄ War A wounded Iraq War veteran's terrible childhood secret is slowly revealed as he undergoes psychotherapy as part of his rehabilitation.
Performing Love Drama ⋄ Independent ⋄ Music ⋄ Romance Two estranged daughters of an abusive father meet for his funeral to try to resolve the anger they feel toward him and each other.
Making Gone Action ⋄ Drama ⋄ Fantasy ⋄ Sci-fi A woman wakes up with the power to make bad things and people disappear… and she doesn’t know where to stop.
Love on the Adriatic Comedy ⋄ Drama ⋄ Romance A widowed American painter searches for a new life on Italy’s Adriatic coast.
Not Another Body Switching Movie Comedy ⋄ Drama ⋄ Fantasy ⋄ Sci-fi What happens when you switch bodies… and you can’t switch back? Ever.
Back to the Garden Comedy ⋄ Drama ⋄ Fantasy ⋄ Sci-fi An atheistic archeologist discovers the Garden of Eden, and revives Adam and Eve.
The Server Action ⋄ Adventure ⋄ Drama ⋄ Thriller An extreme sports Gen-X process server, who never quite grew up, is framed for murder and must use his Xtreme skills to find the real killer – a terrorist with a nuclear bomb and a ticket to the world’s largest theme park.
Truthies Comedy ⋄ Drama ⋄ Fantasy ⋄ Sci-fi A political comedy in which the American President is accidentally infected with a virus that forces him to tell the truth--and he’s contagious!
The Magic Rain Action ⋄ Comedy ⋄ Drama ⋄ Fantasy ⋄ Sci-fi A teen wizard from a sword and sorcery world is chased by an evil sorcerer into modern day Montana where he has to deal with teenage girls, rap music, skinny dipping, love, sex and saving two worlds during summer vacation.
Storefront Action ⋄ Comedy ⋄ Drama ⋄ Independent A gunman enters a one-man travel agency and tells the owner to convince his next female client to marry him or else the gunman will kill them both.
Grampire Action ⋄ Drama ⋄ Fantasy ⋄ Horror A dying old man gets a new lease on life when he's bitten by a vampire, but then discovers the true cost of the "gift."
Face Time Comedy ⋄ Drama ⋄ Independent A beautiful reporter becomes fascinated by a brilliant but grotesquely disfigured, small-town man who may have won the biggest lottery in history.