David Lowe, Nuclear Physicist, Actor, Composer, Author and Radio & TV Presenter.
David Lowe studied physics and philosophy at Oxford University followed by a PhD at the Royal Naval College. Two years as a research fellow at the Royal Marsden Hospital in London were followed by a stint as a clown in a travelling circus. Various theatre work was punctuated by 2 years at the European Patent Office where his vocation in show business was confirmed.
David Lowe has subsequently worked as:
– an actor (notably with directors such as Woody Allen, Neil Jordan, Daniel Alfredson, Jean Baptiste Mondino and himself).
– a composer of film music notably with Sarah Moon and Nicolas Cuche.
– an author e.g. translation and adaptation of Le Drôle by François Mauriac, Joko's Anniversary by Roland Topor, articles for Face, Citizen K, Nova, l’Autre Journal, Magazine Sans Nom, l'Equipe, TGV Mag…
– a film (One fine morning..., Peer Gynt, music videos) and opera director (Noye's Fludde, Théâtre des Champs Elysées).
– a radio personality, writing and performing original texts on French national radio
– a TV presenter, presenting several popular scientific shows on French national television
– co-author of the Canal Plus publicity campaign « Les Monstres… ».
Royal Naval College, Greenwich
Worcester College, Oxford University