Writer, screenplay "Citizen Hussein"
Producer, web series "Re-Re Reviews Countdown with Tom Sizemore"
Writer, screenplay "The Brightest"
Producer, editor, video series "Gaming in the Clinton Years"
Writer, Wii Injury Insurance Commercial Spoof featuring Cloris Leachman
11/2001 - Present
Incorporated company; tax exemption application; award statuette design, and corporate logo. Manage day-to-day operations, including financial reports, committee relations, and directing/editing awards show and other digital distribution properties.
6/1994 - Present
Assistant Studio Manager of Production
Developed annual budget, system of operation, rules, and forms; maintain layout design modifications, vendor relations, cable routing and wiring between three control centers across six channels. Responsible for managing office workflow/scheduling of cable studio productions, coordinating camera, lighting, graphics, NLE, audio, direction, crew, training, encoding, webstreaming.
5/1993 - 4/1999
FOF Productions Inc.
Producer, Technology Editor
Corporate proposals; market research; creative direction; goal-setting; task scheduling. Maintain communications with hundreds of public relations contacts; write press releases and critical analysis; produced, directed, edited, and/or wrote over 150 episodes of award-winning television through 1999, including magazine and game shows.
Bachelor of Arts degree, Visual Arts, Art History, 3.48 GPA
HS Class standing: 30/414
HS 3.82 GPA
- Chaired ACM/SIGGRAPH Video Game Sandbox panel on industry labor relations: "The Passion of the Developer: ea_spouse in the h_ouse! ...A Panel on Labor Relations and Quality of Life in the Industry" (July 30, 2006)
- Serving on IGDA Credit Standards Committee since 2005 and Maryland Dept. of Education Interactive Media Production Steering Committee since 2006; consulted by Virtua Research
- Semi-finalist for National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences' $20,000 Trustees Scholarship (one of 54 nationwide semi-finalists); former Emmy judge for NATAS-DC
- Wrote/edited 11-minute documentary on history of Maryland thoroughbred horse, featuring Gov. Robert Ehrlich and Maryland State Senator Leo Green
- Syndicated 1994-1996 to Channel America and Network 1 satellite networks with a combined reach of 25 million households through 106 nationwide affiliates; aired holiday special on PBS affiliate WHUT; recognized by Prince George's County Council and Senate of Maryland for contributions to community TV; represented at MIP show in Cannes, France, by Forefront Films
- Mentioned in national magazines, including Nintendo Power (#75, Aug. 1995, p. 113; #93, Feb. 1997, p. 104), Combo (Aug. 1997, p. 111), Wizard (#40, Dec. 1994, p. 76), Diamond (Nov. 1994, p. 23), and Comic Book Monthly (Aug. 1994, p. 31).
- Published article in Develop magazine UK (May 2006, p. 46)
- Exhibitor, Penny Arcade Expo East 2013 and CES 2014
Name: Thomas Allen
Lives in: Baltimore, Maryland
Occupation: Camera Operator, Director, Editor, Film/theatre Journalist, Line Producer, Post-Production Coordinator, Screenwriter, Story Analyst and Videographer
Unique traits: Extremely analytical making thematic connections