My love for books, theatre, and movies naturally lead me to write fiction and drama first, turning to screenwriting in 2011. I discovered that screenwriting is the best way to express myself, I just love it!
This is my CV
RECENT ACTIVITIES IN THE MOVIE BUSINESS
- My Short “Il Rosario” (The Rosary) shot in July 2017, written, partly produced , and directed my myself was released in October 2017. It passed the selection at “Cefalù Film Festival”(Cefalù – Italy), and “IChill Film Festival” (Maninla), “Moving Pictures Festival” (Belgium), and “London Worldwide Comedy Short Film FestivaL” (London- Honourable Mention) More information at the FB page:
Actors: Wendy Allnutt, Caterina Merlino, Noemi Nuti, Carlo Licheri, Fausto Cassi.
- My screenplay “The Italian Vacation” arrived semi-finalist at “New York City Metropolitan Screenwriting Contest”, and at “Rome Independent Prisma Awards”, for more information please read the FB page: It is looking for a producer
- My screenplay “Dove metto Irma?” (Where Will Irma Go? – translated into English) arrived semi-finalist at “Rome Independent Prisma Awards” in July 2018, and was selected at “MedFF” (Siracusa – Italy) in August 2018. It is looking for a producer.
- The short feature “Un amato funerale” (A Beloved Funeral) that I wrote with director Luca Murri, was shot in Nicosia (Italy) in 2013, and released in 2014. Direction: Luca Murri, DOP Daniele Ciprì, actors: Milena Vukotic, Giorgio Colangeli, Luca Murri and Carola Clavarino.
The short was selected in many Italian festivals and won “Best Short” at the “G
Awards” in Naples in 2014.
- I wrote with Director Luca Murri the following shorts: “Vorrei essere…” (I would like to be…) and “Il fondo” (The Money Assignment).
- I wrote the following screenplays: “La vacanza americana” (The American Vacation- short feature) - “Normale Amministrazione” (Normal Administration) and “Funerale con gatto” (A Funeral with a Cat).
- I wrote the sci-fi screenplay “Chasing White Infinity”, the adaptation of my Italian sci-fi novel “La corsa e l’infinito” (The Race and Infinity). The screenplay is looking for a producer. It won a table reading:
- June 2018: reader for “” (USA)
- January 2016 : reader for “Ipso Facto Productions” Newcastle (GB)
- May-June – Reader for CFF - Cincinnati Film festival - (USA) (2015)
- December 2014 – December 2016 – Reader for “You go Far Productions” GB
Many awards and publications. The complete list will be given upon request.
Mother tongue: Italian
Listening Reading Spoken interaction Spoken production Writing
English Excellent Excellent Excellent Excellent Excellent
French Excellent Excellent Excellent Excellent Excellent
SCREENPLAY TRANSLATIONS – SCREENPLAY READER – Since 2013
Many translations from Italian into English and French among them the screenplay
- “Un cancello tra i prati” by Carlo La Chimia (winner of the RIFF competition),
- “Personal Glory” by Guido Rovatti (third place winner )
- Translation from Italian into English of “Out of the Comfort Zone” (temporary title) by Lorenzo Guarnieri – in pre-production.
The detailed list of translations will be provided upon request.
Academic Education and training
- Qualified Teacher Status granted by GTC on February 13, 2012 – Teacher Reference Number: 1433314
- Italian Teaching Licence for “Economics and Business Disciplines” – SSIS Latium University “Roma III” – June 2007
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics 1982 – Università “La Sapienza” Rome (Italy). Score 110/110
- French DEUG in “Economics” 1976 – Université de Nancy (France)
- French Baccalauréat 1974 – Académie de Metz-Nancy (Graduation from the French High School).
- September 2016 – May 2017 – Direction Course at “Scuola Tracce” in Rome.
- July 2015 – “Intensive Beat Sheet Screenwriting Workshop” in NYC – “Save the Cat” Blake Snyder – with Professor Ben Frahm.
- June 2014 – October 2014 – “Write Your First Draft Fast” with Professor Christine DeSmet - University of Wisconsin.
- May 2013 – November 2013 – “Write Your First Draft Fast” – With Professor Christine De Smet – University of Wisconsin http://continuingstudies.wisc.edu/lsa/online/writing/screenwriting.htm
- August 2011: “Spoleto Intensive Screenwriting Course” held by screenwriter Irv Bauer .html
- 2005: Introduction to Drama – “Teatri Possibili” ROME.
- 2002 (Spring): Playwriting course held by the Roman Theatre Company “Bona la Prima” at the Bracciano Public Library
- 1996 Course “Creative Writing” Rome University.
- 1995 Course “The Theatre and the Scenic Space” Bracciano – Public Library.
- 1993 -1994 Second course at “The Institute of Children’s Literature” West Redding (CT - USA)
- 1992 – 1993 First course at “The Institute of Children’s Literature” West Redding
(CT - USA)
I am currently a teacher at the Italian High School.
Unique traits: Kind, determined, passionate, committed, friendly ... joyful.
THE ROSARY Comedy A mourning niece gets caught into the frantic research for a rosary, to put in the hands of her dead uncle, on the day of the funeral.
THE ITALIAN VACATION Romance ⋄ Comedy ⋄ Family Failed sculptor Rachel Parente convinced herself she would be happy with just a boring job, exciting sex and the entrapping family cake business, but she must reconsider her life choices when late uncle Mario’s will makes her the owner of his villa in Italy, if she’ll start carving again.
CHASING WHITE INFINITY Adventure ⋄ Sci-fi A former hotshot racer and flying ace champion, now disabled, overcomes his enemies and his own limits in an outer space rocket race to the boundaries of infinity to redeem himself.
CHASING WHITE INFINITY Adventure ⋄ Sci-fi A former hotshot racer and flying ace champion, now disabled, overcomes his enemies and his own limits in an outer space rocket race to the boundaries of infinity to redeem himself. (96 minutes)
UN AMATO FINERALE
Film (short) by Debora Leonardi - Producer screenwriter
Premio "Atto Solo" Bergamo con dramma "Dammi solo un po' di seme"
Premio Picena - Dramma - "Dammi solo un po' di seme"
Premio Emigrazione (Pratole Peligna) - Romanzo "950 49th Street, Brooklyn, NY
Premio "La Montagnola" Roma - "Mattia e il fantastico Coccodroccolo" - Storia per bambini
Unversità La Sapienza
Italian Teaching Licence
The Institute of Children's Literature (CT-USA)
Sceenwriting Intensive (Irv Bauer - Spoleto - Italy)
Unversity of Wisconsin - Screenwriting (Madison - Christine DeSmet)