Have won several writing and direction awards for short films from festivals like world fest. Have also been a director for JamFest film festival.
CREATIVE PUBLICATIONS for Alan Marsh
Presence Patrol, continuous web cast on Southeastern Louisiana University Channel 18.
Rabbit Moon, The Proficiency, finalist at 42nd annual Worldfest, Houston 2009.
Presence Patrol named ‘Finalist’ at Moondance International Film Festival, Boulder,CO. October. 2008.
A subsidiary of the Discovery Channel, the Military Channel uses Presence Patrol footage for their vignette show Voices from the Front and their special presentation Voices from the Front II that aired from September 2007 to January 2008. Viewer attendance of 48 million.
• The Firebird, multimedia dance performance, Southeastern University, 2012
• May 4 & 5, 2007, Presence Patrol screened at University of New Orleans film festival debut.
• April 13 & 14, 2007, Wild Kingdom and Presence Patrol shown at LSU’s annual film festival.
• December, January 2007, The Firefly Club aired on Channel 18, Charter Cable.
• September 29, 2006 Premiere of The Firefly Club, experimental short and now a documentary, Presence Patrol for opening of Fanfare in Hammond, Louisiana.
• April 2006, segments of Presence Patrol air on LPB
• April 2006 Presence Patrol, From Baghdad to New Orleans, multi-media Play read in conferences in Los Angeles and Atlanta.
• October 2004 to present, Wild Kingdom, Wish, featured on Southeastern Channel’s inaugural program, Artworks.
• October 2004, Rapunzel with an Edge, multimedia performance premiered for Fanfare 2004, Vonnie Borden Theatre
• October 2003, Wish, short film screened during Fanfare 2003, Columbia Theatre for the Performing Arts.
• October 2002, Wild Kingdom, short film premiered at Vonnie Borden Theater.
• October 2002, Sleepwalker Nocturne, dance performance premiered at Columbia Theatre for the Performing Arts, Hammond; has since been broadcast in Tangipahoa, St. Tammany, Livingston, and Washington Parishes.
• 2002, Personal Essay, Standing Next to Greatness, Lion’s Roar, March 1, 2001
• 2001 Short film, Wish, Fanfare SLU, premiered November 1.
• 2000 Dance Drama, Unicorn, Fanfare SLU
• 1999 Dance Drama, The Water Maiden, Fanfare SLU
• 1998 Creative Master’s thesis, The Animal Soul; a collection of short stories under the direction of Professor and novelist Tim Gautreaux, SLU
• 1997 Short story, Paradise
• 1996 Short story, Wild Kingdom II, Gambit Magazine, SLU
• 1996 Novel, Kings of the Night, Aegina Press
• 1993 Short story, Wild Kingdom, Gambit Magazine, SLU
• 1991 Children’s book, Where the Dinosaurs Are
Director of JamFest Independent International Film Festival, 2008- 2011. Festival is funded by the Northshore Endowment for the Arts. www.strawberryjam.org
• Knights of the Square Table American Theater of Actors 16-20 November, 2011. Produced by James Jennings. Directed by Daniel Roberts. N.Y.C.
• EMPIX Award for Rabbit Moon as a multimedia independent film, 2011.
• President’s Award in Excellence in Artistic Activity Southeastern Louisiana University 2009
• Award for Excellence in Artistic Activity, College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, Southeastern Louisiana University, 2008-2009
• Rabbit Moon ( film short/ animation) The Proficiency ( short instructional), finalists at 42nd Worldfest 2009
• College of Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences Award for Excellence in Artistic Activity 2009
• Hosting of Ponchatoula’s Second Annual Film Festival, Jam Fest, June 13
• Hosting of Ponchatoula’s first film festival, Jam Fest
• 2008 Presence Patrol Finalist at Moondance International Film Festival.
• 2007 Presence Patrol screened at UNO’s first film festival.
• 2007 Wild Kingdom and Presence Patrol screened at LSU’s annual film festival
• 2007 The Firefly Club awarded two Gold Remis in Experimental and Family/children categories.
• 2007 The Firefly Club wins runner-up at Moondance International film festival in Hollywood, California.
• 2007 Presence Patrol wins Bronze Remi at Worldfest
• 2006 Wild Kingdom awarded Bronze Remi at Worldfest for Comedy Adaptation.
• 2004 Wild Kingdom selected for screening at 2004 Longbaugh Film Festival in Portland, Oregon
• 2004 Wild Kingdom selected for screening at 2004 Flint Film Festival in Flint, Michigan.
• 2004 Wild Kingdom selected for screening at 2004 Black Earth Film festival in Galesburg, Illinois.
• 2004 Wish selected for screening at the 2004 Black Earth Film Festival in Galesburg, Illinois.
• 2002 Silver Award in Experimental Films for Wish; Crested Butte Reel International Film Festival, Colorado. Presented by director Edward Zwick.
• 2002 Gold Award in Experimental Films for Wish; Worldfest- Houston International Film Festival.
• 2002 Literary Award, presented by the Hammond Regional Arts Center.
• 1997 Paradise, winner of the Gulf Shore Life Annual fiction contest, Fort Myers, Florida