I am a passionate filmmaker, who loves working with visual materials (photography, moved pictures, visualised text, found footage, movie quotations) and sounds (music, human/animal voices, nature sounds) in a technological art context. On the cutting edge of video art and filmmaking, I write, conceptualize, act in, direct and edit my pieces of art for both connoisseurs and amateurs. Filmmaking is about the creation of genuine, unique works of art, which depict both aesthetically and contentwise the audio-visual reality and meta level of life at the same time. By means of technological reproductions of real life patterns, I use the narrative structures and drama strategies of cinema movies together with the inventive forms and experimental techniques of video art in order to create new aesthetical forms, ideas and symbolic/spiritual values. My video art films express in the context of art history the ideal creative freedom of the human mind and its permanent quest for truth, beauty, love, realization and immortality.
I started studying in the Post-Conceptual Art Practices Masterclass of Prof. Marina Grzinic in 2005, at the Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna, Austria. In 2007, I changed to the Film & Television Masterclass of Prof. Harun Farocki, from which I graduated in 2010 with my diploma video art film: "mythos:TRANSSILVANIEN" (25 min.)
Since 2001, I wrote, acted in, conceptualized, directed, cutted, produced and collaborated in numerous short films, TV productions, documentaries, film essays, concept art works, biopics, live scorings, video installations, trailers and video art films together with befriended and associated professional and amateur cameramen, lighting and sound technicians, cuttors and actors in Romania, England, Holland, Mexico, Spain and Austria.
1. Shortfilm. No Title (AT, 2002, 15 min.)
2. Electronic Love (AT, 2002, 11 min.)
3. Beat Today (AT, 2004, 59 min.)
4. The 7 Deadly Sins: Wrath/Die 7 Todsünden: Zorn (translator, script-doctor/AT, 2004, 30 min.) COLLABORATION
5. In the Course of Life/Im Lauf des Lebens (AT, 2005, 8 min.)
6. Cuts (RO/AT, 2007, 120 min.)
7. what now?! (AT, 2006, 4 min.) Cuts (RO/AT, 2007, 120 min.)
8. Charmides (actor, script-doctor/AT, 2009, 6 min.) COLLABORATION
9. Working Worlds/Arbeitswelten (AT, 2009, 4 min.) COLLABORATION
10. Fashion Sci-Fi Film (AT, 2009, 80 min.)
11. London: Fashion City (UK/AT, 2009, 10 min.)
12. mythos: TRANSSILVANIEN (RO/AT, 2010, 25 Min.)
13. TID (AT, 2012, 1 min.)
14. Dziga Vertov: “Man with a Movie Camera” Live Scoring (AT, 2013, 4 min.)
15. Nur noch ein paar Minuten/Only A Few Minutes To Go (actor, cutter/AT, 2014, 15 min.) COLLABORATION
16. Trailer Erotik-Cabaret “Schlimmer geht’s immer (AT, 2015, 2 min.)
17. Rooted (AT, 2017) in progress
18. Angelhead (RO/AT/U.S.A., 2017) in progress
19. Life Guidance (bit-part player/AT, 2017, 90 min.) in production
20. The World Is Yours (actor, script-doctor/CAN, 2017) in production
Unique traits: I watched more than 14.000 movies/films until now, made 16 film projects myself and am about to create two further in 2017. I love using different languages (Romanian, English, German, French, Latin etc.), all kinds of music and references/quotations from cultural history in my films.