My scripts, awards & log lines:
1. “Fangland” was in the top 15% of the 2013 Nicholl Fellowship Competition and achieved the second round at 2013 Austin Film Festival.
Addicted to the blood of drug addicts, an L.A. vampire’s habit has scared the community sober and enraged the ruthless Latino who runs the local drug trade.
2. “Holy Moly” achieved the second round “Comedy Category” at the 2014 Austin Film Festival, was a semi-finalist in the 2012 UCLA Extension competition, and second rounder “Drama Category” at the 2010 Austin Film Festival.
A graffiti artist and her blind boyfriend are blackmailed by a corrupt cop into abducting the child of an L.A. heiress; but they kidnap the Latina housekeeper’s little grandson by mistake, who turns out to have magical powers.
3. “Queen of Angels” achieved the second round at 2013 Austin Film Festival, was a
semi-finalist in UCLA extension 2012, and a quarterfinalist in the 2011 Nicholl Fellowship competition.
A coming-of-age drama set in Los Angeles, a 13 year-old Latino whose hard-won chance for getting out of the barrio and into an elite prep school is jeopardized by his charismatic older brother’s release from prison and subsequent attempt to turn the boy toward a life of crime and violence.
4. “La Llorona” 4. “La Llorona” was a quarterfinalist in the 2015 PAGE International
Screenwriting Awards, a quarterfinalist in the 2015 Screamcraft Horror Competition, and a quarterfinalist in the 2016 ScreenCraft Horror competition..
A supernatural horror/thriller. When a Latino contractor’s beautiful teenage niece is abducted by a brutal barrio gang of drug dealers and sex traffickers, he goes to rescue her; unaware that beneath the drug dealers’ hideout lies the lair of La Llorona, the vengeful, seductive ghost of Latin America legend who has been the boogeyman for generations of terrified Latino children.
5. “Devil’s Portal” ” was a quarterfinalist in the 2016 PAGE International
After the Archangel Gabriel arrives on Earth and assumes human form to supervise the forthcoming Apocalypse, a blow to the head gives him amnesia and he believes he really is the biker convict whose body he has taken.