Script consultant, author and story analyst in Berlin, Germany
UK, EU, South Africa: Berlin based Irish Londoner.
Recent University Lecturer in US film and media at the FU Berlin & Film Professor, Pretoria.
Also former Programme Leader Script Lab 5 and Fast Forward at the FilmHaus Frankfurt/Main.
On offer to industry and individual clients:
- short/long-term mentoring/advice
- deep knowledge of dramatic form and genre
- sensitivity to the client’s explicit and inner needs
- clear, considered feedback based on thoughtful reflection of the given draft material
- ongoing research into industry developments and the impact of new technologies on dramatic form
Co-founder, Screenwriting Workshop – NECS European Network for Cinema and Media Studies
Screenwriters Research Network
There are currently three screenplay projects in various stages of development
- The Seminar (15 min short, completed)
- Adaptation of a Joseph Conrad novel (4th draft completing, 120 min,)
- Whatever (1st draft, research & structure, 90 min contemporary family drama set in and across Texas USA)
Graduate of the universities of Keele (BA joint- hons), IOE. University College London (M.Ed), Mainz (Dr, phil),
the London Film School, and the Department of Education, the University of Oxford.
Alan has not added any credits.
Alan has not added any awards.