Wendy Waters is an award-winning author, composer, lyricist and librettist. Born in Queensland, she grew up in Sydney, lived in the USA for six years, travelled extensively, and now lives in Sydney, Australia. In 2011 she volunteered to work with OASIS Salvation Army Crisis Centre in Sydney, motivating musically talented, underprivileged children which gave her the inspiration for her debut novel, Catch the Moon, Mary.
In 2015 Amanda Redman suggested Waters write a play based on her novel. The play, co-written by Waters and Jemina Macedo had a staged reading at the Tristan Bates Theatre on 3rd September 2017.
Waters has written three musicals: ALEXANDER, FRED and MIRIAM and is currently writing Book & Lyrics for THE LAST TALE with composer Shanon D. Whitelock. THE LAST TALE will be workshopped in Melbourne in 2020.
FRED, a four-hander book musical was produced in Australia in June 2018 by the Tweed Theatre Company. You can listen to songs from FRED on Waters’ site www.wendywaters.net
WENDY WATERS RITES WORDS –a Cabaret featuring songs from three of Waters’ musicals, ALEXANDER, FRED & THE LAST TALE was staged at The Pheasantry in London on 3rd September 2019. The show featured talented singers, Frank Loman, Lauren Lovejoy and Louise Burke. On piano was gifted accompanist/composer, Ricardo Nunes Fernandes.
Wendy is the author of Catch the Moon, Mary and Fields of Grace
• 2000 CD own songs DREAMS
• 2005 musical ALEXANDER based on the life of Alexander the Great Book, Lyrics and Music by Wendy Waters & Ian Camilleri
• 2007 won Women’s Weekly/Penguin Short Story Contest
• 2010 short story ZABADIAH published Foliate Oak Literary E-Zine US
• 2010 placed 2nd Wergle Flomp Humorous Poetry Comp US with THE WIFE OF LANCE ALLOT parody of THE LADY OF SHALLOT
2015 CATCH THE MOON, MARY a novel about a musical genius and a fallen angel published in UK by Linen Press republished in 2019 by CreateSpace
• 2016 co-wrote play based on CTMM with Jemina Macedo
• 2016 FRED a book musical set in modern city Book & Lyrics by Wendy Waters Music by Wendy Waters and Ian Camilleri staged on Gold Coast July 2018
• 2018 MIRIAM Gothic book musical Lyrics/Book Wendy Waters
• 2019 THE LAST TALE book musical Lyrics & Book Wendy Waters Music Shanon D. Whitelock to be workshopped in Melbourne with Chris Parker
• 2019 September/October Cabaret Show Wendy Waters Rites Words The Pheasantry London starring Frank Loman, Lauren Lovejoy and Louise Burke
• 2019 October FIELDS OF GRACE published set in 20s/30s London’s glittering theatreland
Twitter Wendy Waters @wa_waters
Unique traits: I am very intense and ridiculously passionate about Nature and Art.