The easiest way to learn about my work is to visit www.LisaFrance.com to see quick bio and go to the "films" section to see trailers. Here are some links to things I've done recently and my resume is embedded.
I'm not open to reading entire scripts unless they are funded or have A list talent attached. However, I will look at web series scripts if they are under 10 pages. I love to direct. Been making film, TV, docs and reality for nearly 15 years. Never been happier. I believe the world of media is changing daily and so I'm excited to direct some web content. I'm up for a fantastic project next year, but it won't start, if it gets greenlit until mid next year. Meanwhile, I have scripts that I've written that I would like to direct. And a few TV series and web series ideas in treatment and script.
Here's some stuff to check out:
- "Heels On Wheels" - sizzle reel - and ask you know, was my original idea, directed, written, produced, story produced and post-produced by me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfURCq7TMcU&feature=em-share_video_user
- "Under The Gun" - sizzle reel - I was hired by North South Productions (Say 'Yes' to The Dress and Impractical Jokers) to direct, produce, operate camera and give notes on cuts. This was kind of nuts because I only had two days to prep and then the DP didn't show up til half way through the shoot, so I had to shoot a lot. All of the shots of the talent that are lit by a single light source in a hallway were not mine. Those were re-shoots done by North South.
- "Journey to Safety" - PSA for the House of Ruth. I produced this last year. I also did the VO. There are 3 versions (15, 30 and 60). I like the 60 sec version. Creatively and logistically this was a soup to nuts project. Always challenging with non-profits, but intensely rewarding. Here's the link:
- "The Unseen" - promo (short version) which I had to edit before cutting the film. I wrote and edited two versions of this. This is the short version. I have a longer version if desired. This was a big project for me. To write, direct and produce is major. I also raised the money for this film. It was quite an endeavor.
* Director / Writer/Producer – “Untitled Shawna Singer – Bounty Hunter” – Currently in Development– North South Productions. 2012
-responsible for research on bounty hunters
- wrote outline for sizzle with executive producers
- conducted interviews, visited locations and photographed all
- responsible for hiring crew and writing script
* Director/ Writer/Producer – “Under the Gun” – reality series – North South Productions. 2012
-conducted all research on ammunition companies prior
- met with Corbon family for research and development
-Executed shoot from outline and script provided by North South
-Responsible for staying within budget and handling all expenses
- Handled getting all releases from more than 25 talent and crew
- Operated A camera for first half of shoot, then B camera
-Directed all shots and talent, often creating on fly
-Assisted in story producing
-Sent notes daily to North South with “selects” notes as well
- Several sets of notes on string outs, roughs all the way thru final
* Director / Writer/Producer/Creator – “Heels On Wheels” – FHF Productions- 2011
- Created concept
- casting of all talent
-Wrote power Point presentation
- created shooting outline, shot lists, and pre-produced
- worked with partners to retain sponsorship
- Produced, directed and wrote entire sizzle
-Story produced in edit day-to-day with over a terabyte of footage
-Operated B Camera and A camera
-Responsible for hiring all graphics designers and working to come up with
logo and bumpers.
-Responsible for music selection and final cut
* Director/ Writer/Producer – “The Unseen” – Starring: Steve Harris, Gale Harold, Phillip Bloch, Michelle Clunie, Judah Friedlander. Feature Length Film: HD24P, 99 min, color. Distributed – Starz Network – 2007.
* Director/ Co-Writer – “Love & Suicide” – Starring: Kamar De Los Reyes, Luis Moro, Daisy McCrackin. Feature Film: DVX 100 24P, 80min, color. AMC /Warner Bros. Distributed – 2006.
* Director/ Co-Writer/ Co-Producer – “Anne B. Real” – Starring: Carlos Leon, Jackie Martling, Ernie Hudson. Two Independent Spirit Award Nominations. Screen Media/Universal/Showtime, HD24P, Feature Film: 91 min, color/B&W. – 2003.
*1st Assistant Director/Producer – “The TollBooth “– Starring: Marla Sokoloff and Tovah Feldshuh. Nominated for Golden Starfish Award. HD24P, 84 min, color. – 2003
* 1st Assistant Director/Associate Producer – “Uninvited Guest”– Starring: Mekhi Pfifer, Mel Jackson. Winner of The Audience Award @ Urban World Festival/ Best Film @ Acapulco Black Film Festival. Trimark Pictures, 35mm, 90min, color. – 2000.
* Executive Producer – “Fair Play” – Starring: John Heard, Ed Asner (American Film Institute). Nominated for a Student Academy Award. 16mm, 20 min. color. – 2000
* director/ writer/Producer/actor –“Love In Tow” – Starring: Zach Braff, Lisa France, Quentin Crisp. Winner: Best Comedy @ Filmstock in London 2000 and was an official selection @ Atlanta Film & Video Festival. 16mm, 11min, B&W. – 2000.
* Associate Producer - feature documentary, American Roulette - 16mm, video, 100min, color and B&W, – 2000.
Coca cola, Families of Freedom Scholarship Fund, Alaska AIDS Ride, The Unseen promo, Love & Suicide promo, House of Ruth PSA. 1st AD & 2nd AD many spots.
MA – The Ohio State University – 1994 – summa cum laude
BA – Brooklyn College - 1990 – cum laude
· Proficient in using many cameras including but not limited to Cannon, Sony and Panasonic.
· Expert in using final draft software
· Working knowledge of EP Budgeting software
· Working knowledge of EP scheduling software
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite
· Working of EP scheduling & Budgeting (more proficient in Scheduling)
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
Ohio State University-Main Campus (Columbus, OH)
CUNY Brooklyn College (Brooklyn, NY)