Award-winning screenwriter specialising in poignant comedy, romance and drama.
I have a flair for creating quirky storylines and exploring the complexities of my layered characters through a blend of gentle humour and heartfelt interactions. I laugh, cry and scream right alongside my characters, which not only results in authentic and compelling scripts, but is also way cheaper than therapy!
Highlights to date:-
- Winner - Best Script Award London (Aug 2022) for "All Good"
- Semi-finalist of London Indie Short Festival (Sept 2022) for "All Good"
- Semi-finalist of Kingston International Film Festival (June 2022) for "All Good"
- Quarter-Finalist of Creative Screenwriting Unique Voices (2023) for "Live Long"
- I had the honour of being featured as Stage32's very own Logline of the Day for my short All Good.
- My first ever pro review, for The Late Shift, attracted comments such as: "Very compelling story"; "Masterfully crafted"; "Little to criticise"; "More than auspicious"; "Exposition is kept to the absolute minimum"; "Writer has a unique voice and authentic perspective".
- Fantasy Festival feedback included: "A breezy read"; "Charming and very well-written"; "Does a great job at exploring the feelings we get at events like music festivals"; "Great concept".
Check them out under my loglines - If you're looking to produce or collaborate, give me a shout.
Live Long Budget: $100K - $1M | Romance ⋄ Drama Trapped in a temporal loop following a fatal accident, a beleaguered florist makes the ultimate sacrifice to free herself and save her soulmate from repeated death.
All Good (Short) Budget: $0 - $100K | Sci-fi ⋄ Drama In a world where troublesome feelings can be erased, an embittered protestor seizes the opportunity of a power cut to try to dissuade a clinic's clients from having their procedure.
Fantasy Festival Romance ⋄ Comedy Two clueless teens stranded at a festival 30 years in the past battle their inexperience and emotional hang-ups as they form pivotal relationships and seek a pathway home.
The Late Shift Romance ⋄ Drama An awkward threesome forces the restless trio to confront their doubts and insecurities as they pursue emotional fulfilment.
The Parent Club (Co-written with Naithan Hilaire) Budget: $100K - $1M | Drama ⋄ Comedy A weekly get-together of dysfunctional and diverse neighbours walks the line between trauma and hilarity as they explore a strangely compelling path to resolving each other’s parental woes.
Quarter-finalist - Creative Screenwriting Unique Voices
Semi-finalist in Kingston International Film Festival
Semi-finalist London Indie Short Festival
Winner - Best Script Award London