If you are passionate to take your skills and abilities to the next level, we're excited to announce an interactive and engaging gathering for creatives wanting to connect, collaborate, create, and form a self-empowered community....
Stage 32 is proud to partner with LA Acting Studios to present Filmcon Hollywood to bring you the biggest education and networking event of the year at the LA Convention Center on March 24th! Filmcon Hollywood is an interactive and engaging gathering for filmmakers wanting to connect, collaborate, create, and form a self-empowered community. Knowledge is power, and with opportunity favoring the talented nimble, opportunities to create and monetize incredible content have never been so streamlined.
Filmcon Hollywood is a first of its kind film convention that offers a grand multitude of opportunity to those pursuing careers in media and entertainment. Get a chance to learn from the top leading industry members from major studios! Whether you are an aspiring filmmaker or the biggest cinephile, Film Con Hollywood offers amazing feats that many other conventions cannot offer!
Filmcon Hollywood is the ideal venue for those who are passionate to take their skills and abilities to the next level. Our mission is to support and encourage up and coming filmmakers by creating an ecosystem that nurtures their talents as they break into the industry. Rising filmmakers will compete in one of three categories and a Grand Prize pool of $3,000, in addition to the opportunity to discuss their film goals with leading industry professionals.
Mark Your Calendars!
Saturday March 24
Los Angeles Convention Center
1201 S. Figueroa Street
Los Angeles CA 90015
Get Your Tickets Now
What Is Film Con Hollywood?
Film Con Hollywood is a full day of panels, workshops, competitions, networking and screenings for actors, writers, directors & content creators.
If you’re looking to connect, collaborate and build relationships in an effort to take your craft and career to the next level, Film Con Hollywood is for you!
Join us for this exclusive 1-day event at the Los Angeles Convention Center bringing together TOP industry leaders including:
- Executives from Gersh, Netflix, TCA, Amasia Entertainment, Gravitas Ventures, Buffalo 8, Three Point Capital, Bondit Media Capital, attorney Lisa Bloom and more!
- Writers like Deborah Schoeneman (GIRLS, THE NEWSROOM), Jacquen Castellanos (THE AFFAIR, SWEETBITTER), Samantha Tanner (A BOY. A GIRL. A DREAM, Sundance 2018) and more!
- Directors like Qasim Basir (A BOY. A GIRL. A DREAM., Sundance), J.T. Mollner (ANGELS & OUTLAWS, Sundance), Leonardo Carbucci (LEGENDARY AD, Cannes Official Selection), Alex Ferrari (THIS IS MEG, Hulu) and more!
- Actors like Emmy-nominated Jillian Bell (22 JUMPSTREET, SPLASH, WORKAHOLICS), Allen Maldonado (BLACK-ISH, THE EQUALIZER, STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON), Anthony Montgomery (STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE) and more!
What To Expect At Film Con Hollywood
- Inspirational talks from top industry leaders
- All-day panels & workshops for actors, filmmakers and writers
- The Stage 32 “Pitch Tank” – 4 top industry professionals evaluate selected pitches
- Short film screenings & Red Carpet
- Networking party – meet & greet fellow Film Con Hollywood attendees & panelists
- Free Headshots from Exact Digital
- Exhibits & More!
- To see the full schedule click here
What Else Is Great About Film Con Hollywood?
Competitions – Over $3,000 in Prizes!
Submit your short film or short film screenplay into the Film Con Hollywood competition to win a chance at over $3,000 in prizes! Our esteemed panel of judges will vote on the best films & scripts submitted in each category below based on originality, story and filmmaking technique. Grand Prize winners in each category win $1,000 and a prize package filled with a 4DX Movie Theater gift card, and a Stage 32 swag bag! To find out more click here
- Best Short Film
- Best Short Film Screenplay
- Best Women-Directed Short Film
Need new headshots? Join Hollywood headshot photographer Exact Digital on site as they offer free headshots! This is on a first come, first serve basis.
Author Book Signing
Richard Botto will be on site signing his best-selling book American Film Market Presents: Crowdsourcing For Filmmakers. Over 40 5 star reviews on Amazon!
Stage 32 Pitch Tank
Watch 3 brave creatives pitch their projects to industry executives in the Stage 32 Pitch Tank. Will they have what it takes to survive the tank?
Get Your Tickets Now!
LA Convention Center - March 24
Like this blog post? Please share it on social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, email etc) by using social media buttons at the top of the blog. Or post to your personal blog and anywhere else you feel appropriate. Thank you.
As always, we welcome thoughts and remarks on ANY of the content above in the Comments section below...