The Sweet Smell of Success
A few months ago, we joined forces with The Happy Writers for our first Stage 32 Creativefest/Pitchfest. Our purpose was to offer our screenwriting and filmmaking members a unique opportunity to gain access to top-level managers and executives looking for new talent and material.
Our hope was that these executives would find a diamond in the rough here and there.
We were wrong.
They found a virtual mine.
Here are some of the remarkably talented people who have found success through our online Pitchfests, theme weeks, and weeknight events:
- Michael Aronson, director, gets meeting with Bold Films 1 hour after his session with them. In addition Michael got a meeting with Lawrence Bender Productions less than a week after his pitch.
- Cecily Walters, screenwriter, gets meeting with Caliber Media for possible representation.
- 24 hours after Alan Sproles pitched to Brainstorm Media, they read his script, loved it and are pitching it to networks.
- Alan Sproles and Lizanne Southgate get a meeting with Code Entertainment.
- Tony Scott, screenwriter, gets development meeting with Ineffable Pictures.
- Michael Madden signed to Benderspink and ICM, and landed a writing job on ABC series The Black Box directed by Simon Curtis (My Week With Marilyn) and produced by Bryan Singer (X-Men). Michael’s contract was extended and is also slated to co-write his own episode.
- Richard Hobley signed to 3 Arts Entertainment and is currently working with companies in LA, London and Barcelona. Level 1 Entertainment and William Brent Bell (The Devil Inside) are attached to his script.
- Lyse Beck's script is in development at Night and Day Pictures.
- Melissa Emery's script is in development at Panay Films.
- Michael Wright signed to Caliber Media.
- Ryan Lee and Erik Howard's script is in development at RatPac Entertainment.
- Guy McDouall signed to Caliber Media.
- Ward Parry gets producers Jim Young and Tatiana Kelly (Lovelace, The Words) attached to produce his script.
- Sherrie Sanet's attaches producer Howard Rosenman (The Family Man, Father of the Bride, Sparkle) to her script.
- Julie Livingston and Tom Cook get a meeting with Jon Kanak of Tapestry Films.
- Tara Knight gets a meeting with Kailey Marsh, creator of the Blood List, for possible representation.
- Celeste Wolfe gets meeting with Caliber Media for possible representation.
- Yari Film Group is in early talks with two writers for possible production.
- Manager Allison Doyle signs Laura Brienza one month after Laura signed up for her first pitch. Allison used to work at WME and Oasis Media Group and recently opened up her own management company.
- Anna Elias gets meeting with Cousin Pete Productions and Management.
Hard to believe it’s only been a few months!
Please help me in congratulating all of these amazing screenwriters and filmmakers and offering those who have lined up meetings the very best of luck.
Also, a big congratulations to those who are currently having their scripts and reels reviewed by managers, producers, and development executives.
Opportunity knocked and they answered. Nothing more rewarding.
PS – Pitchfest VII is set for this coming Saturday and Sunday. We’ve lined up a stellar group of executives from Lawrence Bender Productions, Informant Media, Endgame Entertainment, Evolution Entertainment, Yari Film Group, and more.
Spots are filling up quickly. To register, please click here: Pitchfest VII: Screenwriters and Filmmakers
About the Author
Richard "RB" Botto is the Founder and CEO of Stage 32. Stage 32 is the world’s largest online platform connecting and training film, TV & digital creatives and professionals worldwide. Stage 32 was launched in 2011 to democratize the entertainment industry. Since then the Stage 32 community has grow...