I am a professional with a history of directing teams towards excellence in overreaching company goals. With hands-on experience, I will make an excellent addition to your organization. I have been successful in solving problems, resolving conflicts, and contributing to shared objectives. I welcome the opportunity to learn more about your team, and to discuss how I can address the unique challenges of any position in order to add value on your project.
• Professional musician / Audio Visual specialist with 26 years of commercial skillsets in all aspects of video production, audio engineering, lighting and stagehand professional with OSHA Forklift Boom/Scissor lift license.
• Turned a DIY-based music production, into a worldwide phenomenon with commercial and corporate appeal; respected in many cultures and genres with continual mainstream media exposure. Served as a change agent within the industry, induced cutbacks and increased the profit margin by 50%. Managed merchandise designs, wholesale, retail and vending. Increased revenue through social interaction by 80%.
• Improved web presence and social media for by 75%; self-produced videos and increased revenue income through commercial video and magazine promotion by 50%.
• Established HANDS ON SALES brand; created a need for product within target market via professional communication with labels and promoters/agents by contacting companies for brand association to successfully branch out into different markets. This expanded business opportunity by 500%.
The educational foundation, commitment, and leadership experience, outlined on the attached resume, will result in a successful partnership with your organisation. I would welcome any opportunity to learn more about your team, and to discuss how I can address the unique challenges of this position in order to add value.
Technical & Artistic Professional
Self-driven, goal-focused and respected entertainment industry professional with over 25 years of diverse work experience and an impeccable work ethic. Fast learner with a quick aptitude when engaging in training and coaching efforts. Skilled in working with individuals and groups of all backgrounds at all levels. Able to meet deadlines and remain flexible in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment. Aims continually to be regarded as an innovative professional with a demonstrated ability to quickly take responsibility and manage all aspects of entertainment mediums. Motivated and eager with a strong drive to achieve success. Seeking a media or corporate role that will benefit from my expertise; open to Audiovisual Management, News Editing and Production Coordination positions.
Cinematography Soundtrack Composition Video Editing Foley Skills Screenplay Storyboard
Sales Marketing & Promotions Contract Processes & Negotiations Communication Teamwork
Active Listening Creative Problem Solving Customer & Vendor Relations Critical Thinking Skills
Strategic Planning Solutions Advice Audio/Visual Editing & Production Vocalist & Lyricist Stage Technician Script Development & Author Musical Training & Interpretation Technical & Artistic Skills Improvisation Video Cameras Mixing & Lighting Consoles Recording Equipment
Tradeshows Adobe Premiere Pro Adobe Photoshop Final Cut Pro Pro Tools Logic EDIUS
Audicity Lightroom Windows and Macintosh OS HTML Web Design Social Media
EXPERIENCES AND ACHIEVEMENTS
NAPALM DEATH/MENACE, Birmingham, UK and Las Vegas, NV 1989 – Present
Served in various capacities including Video Editor, Stage Technician, Tour Manager, Music Composer and recorder of notable live performances. Worked as a Recording Engineer; produced and co-produced numerous albums. Released more than 20 albums and participated in over 3K live shows worldwide thus far. Produced seven professional promotional music videos for solo venture MENACE. Collaborated on Napalm Death’s “The Wolf I Feed” music video with Tim Fox. Performed live on tour more than 150 high profile concerts per year worldwide. Collaborated with jazz saxophonist John Zorn.
t Guinness Book of World Records for world’s shortest song
t Composer of Mortal Kombat’s platinum-selling soundtrack
t Video premiered on MTV’s Beavis and Butthead
t Subject of Jim Carrey’s “Ace Ventura” interview on The Arsenio Hall Show
t Recorded live performance at BBC and appeared on UK hit TV Program “SKINS”
t Performed live on TFI Friday, UK (22M viewers), Victoria & Albert Museum
t Recording Artist for Columbia Records; fulfilled contract and negotiated both advances and licenses to increase profits by 150K units in the U.S.
t Collaborated with Kseniya Simonova, winner of (Ukraine’s Got Talent) for charity videos
t Performed at Disneyland, Wembley Arena, Download/Monsters of Rock, Hollywood Palladium, House of Blues, Wacken, Knottfest - San Miguel Amphitheatre and CBGBs
t Honored with Kerrang Magazine’s Album of the Year accolade due to excellence in public relations, press and media for band’s fan base
t Songwriter for New Horizon’s Mission to Pluto, “One Earth Message”
t Won album of month and Top 10 video of 2014 Award from Revolver magazine with Menace
t Hosted and compiled SIRIUS digital satellite radio program (Into the Pit) USA, nationwide
t Turned a DIY based production into a worldwide phenomenon with commercial appeal; respected in many cultures and genres with continual mainstream media exposure
t Used cutbacks to increase the profit margin by 50%
t Fostered a need and presence for product within target market with labels, promoters and agents; contacted companies for brand association to branch out into different markets
t Fulfilled and negotiated 20 album recording contracts; increased fees, recording / publishing advances by 30% with Columbia, Century Media, Nuclear Blast, Earache & Season of Mist labels
NAPALM DEATH/MENACE, Continued
t Introduced credit and debit payments for merchandise; boosted sales by 60%
t Saved on costs overall, gained financial experience and increased personal wages by 50% though careful use of multitasking on commercial levels that reduced expenses by 50%
t Managed tours in South America, and Europe; increased internal profits and cut costs by 25%
t Improved web presence by 75%, revenue income by 50%, obtained several artist endorsements
t Acted in a merchandise and marketing design role; negotiated contracts and advances for worldwide licensing and boosted sales by 30%
SOUTH BIRMINGHAM COLLEGE, SOLIHULL, UK 2008 – 2010
Main Grade Lecturer/Radio DJ
Served as Main Grade Lecturer (teacher) in Media. Created course curriculum, conducted lectures, lab demonstrations & examinations for Media Production courses, Basic & Advanced Recording Engineering, Radio Production & Digital Processing. Managed classrooms and recording studios with 40+ Mac & PC workstations using Adobe Premiere Pro, Pro Tools, used by 80–100 students per semester. Provided technical support, creative feedback and production aid to students throughout project planning, editing, recording, mixing and mastering process. Specialized in providing assistance to mentally and hearing-impaired students through Campus Disability Services. Organized and initiated IMAX field trips. Spearheaded planning & organizational efforts for Arthritis Research music festivals.
LINDSTRAND HOT AIR BALLOONS, Shropshire, Birmingham, UK 2005
Researched, assigned and delegated tasks to crew. Directed, interviewed and edited the documentary and soundtrack. Networked and obtained contact details for Sir Richard Branson of Virgin Galactic. Arranged interview and filmed with Lindstrand Tech per the direction of Lindstrand and Richard Branson. Documentary based on Lindstrand Technologies Ltd., producer of the most advanced lighter-than-air vehicles and inflatable structures globally. Certified by the pan-European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) and the British Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) as a Design, Production and Maintenance Organization, for all Military products such as Aerostats, Hangars, Shelters and Helium Airships.
BEAGLE 2 MISSION TO MARS, MILTON KEYNES UNIVERSITY, ROYAL SOCIETY, London, 2003
Documented a Beagle 2 - Mars landing mission and Cassinni/Huygens European Space Agency mission that celebrated the successful landing on Saturn’s moon, Titan. Worked in a project manager role; directed and managed Dick Carruthers, who produced notable acts such as Paul McCartney, One Direction, Led Zeppelin and Oasis. Worked independently alongside SKY and BBC network news programs. Performed other related duties, including editing, camera operation, directorial functions and coordination of scientist interviews.
NAPALM DEATH/MENACE, Birmingham, UK and Las Vegas, NV 1989 – 2001
Authored lyrics, wrote music and co-produced albums, album cover art booklet/merchandise design. Released a series of successful albums and hosted shows in the US, UK and France.
• Hosted MTV’s Headbanger’s Ball Halloween special
• Served as an audio engineer for digital and analogue recordings; co-produced 14 studio albums
• Developed mixes for live sound using numerous mixing and monitor consoles
• Solicited product to labels and sold merchandise via vendor and licensing deals
• Worked as stage manager, guitar technician, guitarist, vocalist, cameraman & editor as needed
Composed the Beagle 2: Mission to Mars Soundtrack; Studio Engineer with the UK band “Lock Up” in Birmingham, UK. Produced commercial video for “NASUM” on location in Japan. Two years TELE-MARKETING experience at PIONEER, Las Vegas, NV.
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
Higher National Diploma, Media, Solihull College, UK
Completed Courses, Business & Accounting, Clark County Community College, Las Vegas
Certification, Forklift Operator, OSHA (Boom & Scissor Lift), Forklift University
• Video Cameras: Sony HDV HVR, Panasonic, Canon, Varizon Tripod, Dana Dolly. Kessler Crane, DV, Braun Super8, Krasnogorsk 16MM, Nikon D3200 DSLR, Canon-AE1
• Mixing Consoles: Digi-Design, Soundcraft, Yamaha, NEVE, FOH / Monitors
• Lighting Consoles/Projectors: Elation, ETC Element, Strand, THX LED/LCD/DLP.
• Excellent communication skills and dynamic in approaching people.
• Solid technical and artistic skills in the musical field.
• Certified Forklift Operator, detailed oriented team player.
• Organized, flexible, able to meet deadlines in fast-paced environment.
• Excellent level of musical interpretation on Guitar, Voice, Drums, Keyboards.
• Versatility, to interpret several musical styles and blend genres.
• Ability to make and follow through on a work plan or brief.
• Excellent improvisational skills & Solid, highly fluid vocal technique.
• Experience with in-ear amplification.
• Ability to interpret written or improvised musical parts as a soloist.
• Has extremely good telephone & negotiation skills
• Stage MGT, Tour MGT, Merchandise, Accounting, A/V Tech, Guitar/Drum Tech.
• Green Screen. Lighting, Equipment Assembly/Dismantling, Theatrical design, Wardrobe Mgt., Masks, Props, Stage Plan Design, Backdrops etc.
• Proficient in relevant software applications such as; Adobe Premiere Pro CS6, Final Cut Pro, Pro Tools 10 HD, Logic, Lightroom, Office, Excel.
• Own Equipment: Gibson Les Paul Custom guitar, ESP custom guitar, B.C. Rich custom 12 string electric guitar, Ibanez Acoustic Guitar, ESP acoustic guitar, Framus custom guitar, Oscar Schmidt hallow body gtr, Washburn Bass.
• Amplifiers: Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier and 4 x 12 Cabinet, Voodoo amps (Witchdoctor) Roland AC100 acoustic amplifier, Kemper Profiler Amplifier
• Recording Equipment: MACBOOK PRO Quad-core, Roland VS 1680, Roland
Groove Box MC-909, Audio-Technica condenser mics, Shure SM57/58.
• Artist Endorsements with: Gibson, ESP, B.C. Rich, Mesa Boogie, Peavey, Framus/Warwick, Laboga, Voodoo Amplifiers, Marshall Amplifiers, Kemper Amplifiers, Audio Technica, Line-6, EMG pickups, Lace pick-ups.
Name: Mitch Harris
Lives in: Las Vegas, Nevada
Company: Napalm Death Guitarist / A1 Audio CINEMACON / BARCO / Aston Martin / AV Tech
Occupation: Agent, Director, Editor, Music Composer, Post-Production Coordinator, Singer, Sound Editor, Sound Mixer, Videographer, Content Creator, Songwriter, Actor, Director of Photography, Camera Operator, Musician, Choreographer, Filmmaker, Narrator and Producer
Unique traits: Media professional with hands on experience