"You can have it good, and you can have it by Friday."
Guillermo Machado, Esq. Producer, Director, Screenwriter, Novelist, Children's book author.
Canadian born (Montreal) in 1975 to Venezuelan parents. Lived in the U.S. for last 35 years. Bilingual (Spanish). Married, no kids.
Gypsied the country until 2000 (found my nest in LA).
If you're looking for competence, speed and blade-sharp writing in a down-to-earth, easy-going package, consider this cat. He's house broken and takes good direction. Let him roam free, he'll drag back the most remarkable of specimens.
Average length of completion per script (feature-length or TV pilot) from outline to first draft: 10-14 days (research can add a few days).
Book writing times vary depending on subject, but I average 100 pages per 14-21 days.
Education & Experience:
1) Phil Guidry, MFA, Screenwriting Workshop (Univ. California at Irvine - 2010-2011).
2) Dov Simens Film School (Los Angeles - Summer, 2012).
2a) Writer, Producer, Director: Wounded (feature film). http://m.imdb.com/title/tt5913948/?ref_=m_nm_knf_t2
3) 30 feature screenplays and teleplays (pilots).
4) 4 screenplays currently in development with various indie production houses (including a "for-hire" full-length feature for Seedling Media - Panama; and a couple of feature and television projects with acclaimed director, Helmut Schleppi, including a television series with award-winning director, Roel Reine).
5) 1 screenplay adapted into a best-selling novel (Skidboot - The Smartest Dog in the World) by award-winning author, Cathy Luchetti (2013).
6) Miracle Farm (feature-length script). Top 10% Nicholl Fellowship Screenwriting Competition - 2012 (7200 total entries)
7) Author of They Came in Twos (historical/fantasy/crime noir novel, 170,000 words, published 2014). Positive Review from Kirkus.
8) Author of The World Famous Inanimates (Children's picture book, 92 pages, published 2015).
9) Executive producer & Screenwriter of IP about the world famous dog, Skidboot (in development).
10) Manager at Cedarwood Films, LLC for Skidboot (Texas; Napoleon Smith III, TMNT 2014, 2016; JP Newman, former VP at Sony Home Ent.; Joel Carpenter, Exec Producer Skidboot & The Ridge).
11) BA Philosophy Univ. Texas at Austin (1996). Completed in 3 years.
12) JD (Law) Trinity Law School, Santa Ana, CA (2007). #1 in class. Student of Year (2007).
13) California attorney (8 years - 2007). Senior Partner at Barrios & Machado, LLP.
14) Managed by CMEG (Marki Costello) in 2000.
Name: Guillermo Machado
Lives in: Los Angeles, California
Company: Barrios & Machado, LLP
Occupation: Screenwriter, Director, Producer, Attorney (Non-Entertainment) and Author
Unique traits: Cut through the bull, get down to business, complete the project. Content is the name of my game. The better the content, the better the project. And let's hurry it up.
Film (Family) Writer A Texas cattle dog gains worldwide notoriety for his intellect and in the process - teaches a rodeo cowboy that love is more important than winning first place.
Film (Drama) Writer Robert is a struggling writer with demons he rushes back to. Joanna is his attorney wife, worn thin from a fairy-tale romance that never was. During one final dinner, they will revisit the wonders that made them fall in love and rip each other apart as they fight for freedom. Written by Guillermo Machado
The World Famous Inanimates
Print by Machanations Media Author
They Came in Twos
Print by Machanations Media Author
Film (short) by Jacob Carpenter Villain "Mal" & Screenplay
Dov Simens Film School
University of California-Irvine (Irvine, CA)
Trinity Law and Graduate School (Santa Ana, CA)
University of Texas at Austin (Austin, TX)