Mary is interested character driven thrillers and dramas under $10MM.
Mary Cybriwsky is an independent manager and producer with over 13 years experience working in entertainment. She started her own shingle, Truth Magician, which manages an impressive roster of emerging writer and director clients working in film and television.
Mary began her career as an executive at Mosaic Media Group / Atlas Entertainment under the prolific producer Charles Roven and his team, on projects such as The Dark Knight, Get Smart, The International, and The Bank Job.
Mary produced Joe Dante’s Burying the Ex, starring Anton Yelchin, Ashley Greene, Alexandra Daddario and Oliver Cooper which was released in 2014, as well as executive produced Sticky Notes starring Ray Liotta, Rose Leslie and Justin Bartha slated for release in 2016.
Tips on pitching to Mary Cybriwsky
- Make sure the hook is clear
- Focus on setting up characters so they are distinct
- Include why you think this is marketable
- You may only pitch ONE project per reservation. Execs are looking for projects they can develop, NOT portfolios.
- You should have a completed script available upon request for the project you pitch.
- Do not reach out to the executives unless directed by Stage 32. They do NOT accept unsolicited material or appreciate being cold-called/emailed by strangers.
- Missed reservations are not refundable and will not be rescheduled.
Within 15 minutes of your scheduled pitch, the exec will reach out by Skype or Phone. Your pitch session will last approximately 8 minutes.
Written Pitches will be no more than 2 pages submitted as a PDF or WORD document. Any written pitch uploaded past the deadline will not be shown to the executive and will result in a non-refundable forfeiture of your pitch.
Within 3-4 weeks of your pitch session, you will receive a Pitch Scorecard on which the exec you pitched will provide pitch feedback and note if they are PASSing, or would like to REQUEST your material.
If you are requested, you will be notified via email with further instructions. The execs will have 2-3 months to review your material and note if they are PASSing, or would like a MEETING. If a meeting is requested, we will introduce you via email.
Please understand that these are working executives, and their schedules are subject to change at a moment's notice. We always strive to give you at least 24 hours of notice if a session has been cancelled, and we will recommend another executive for you to pitch your material to.
Need help with your pitch?
Download the Stage 32 Pitching Guidebook
Questions or Concerns?