South African born Ronel Schodt is the Managing Director of SHOTZ Ltd. The company houses two core divisions; SHOTZ Film and Video Productions and SHOTZ Technologies. This latter is New Zealand’s leading hologram specialist and provides products such as holograms, fogscreens, 3D monitors (with and without glasses), and full 3D stereoscopic productions.
As an entrepreneur and producer, Ronel has far-reaching knowledge of 3D movie production. She has produced a 3D music video for J Williams featuring Scribe, and a short film, “The Moon Witch” (2012) selected for the In the Balance: Indigeneity, Performance, Globalization Festival in London.
Ronel’s extensive screen production experience includes commercials, short films, children’s television series, feature films and gaming.
- completed 5 short films in 2012 - 2013, (3 of which were selected for film festivals in NZ, UK and Australia).
- completed 3 hologram productions for Shantytown Museum, House of Travel Awards (featuring John Campbell), and Puzzling World.
- mentored producers for the feature films “Curry Munchers” and “Desired”, and consulted for Danny Phillips’ short film, “The Puzzle”.
- secured broadcast rights for Rugby World Cup 2011 in 3D, with the theatrical rights for
New Zealand and Australia.
- In development for a feature film, ‘Silent Fear’. Screenplay by Lance & James Morcan and Tanya Wheeler. Director Brent Macpherson.
- In development with 2 documentaries; one on EDS (Ehler Danlos Syndrome) sufferers around the world, the other looking at how specific small Deaf communities operate when trying to preserve their sign language, focusing on certain Pacific Island countries.
- Producer for live-action children’s television series “Sylvie and Arabella”, with originator Bridget Ellis-Pegler. This project has interested co-production partners attached from both Singapore and Australia.
- Ronel launched the financial literacy game, “Bamzonia” into New Zealand schools last year. She and her team are now developing a version of this game for the 18+ market. This was a natural extension for her as a producer with her passion for educational and experimental technology. She loves helping her clients engage their customers, and to help them transition from traditional video-making to interactive platforms - especially in the financial literacy arena.
- In development for two more games for the Health and Safety industry, and an entertainment game for Sealord on sustainable fishing.
Ronel has produced over 2,000 commercials, as well as numerous television series, live events, short films and corporate films. She consistently thinks outside the box and makes things happen – on time, and within budget. Above all, Ronel is passionate about screen production – and highly skilled at bringing the right people together for a job.
Unique traits: Find solutions not problems