I am committed to excellence in storytelling with screenplays.
Film scripts are my main focus but I also write radio and stage plays, and short stories.
I've always been a writer, but I've done an amazing variety of different jobs over the years to make a living. At 28 I decided to get serious about writing and spent most of my spare moments working at it. For the next 14 years I still held temporary, part-time and permanent jobs to make ends meet, but about 5 years ago I decided to go full-time come what may and since then the following has happened:
* Short story 'Apples' published in 'The Penguin Book of Contemporary New Zealand Short Stories'.
* Two Radio Plays, 'Cliff's Last Mission' and "On the Brink of Academia' produced for Radio New Zealand National. Also a short story "Turaki Domain' produced in two parts.
* Chosen out of 130 something writers to co-write a wiki-musical project 'Xerxes Atlas'.
* Screenplay 'Cashmas' optioned in the US to Larry Levinson Productions.
* Screenplay 'Opal Valley Pearl' a semifinalist in the Kairos Prize Screenplay Competition.
* Won the Auckland Playwright's Collective Play Competition with a play 'Home Invasion' and had a workshop and public reading at the Herald Theatre, Auckland.
* Awarded a workshop and public reading by The Edge for my play 'Tough's Haulage' at the Auckland Town Hall. Also shortlisted in the Playmarket Adam New Play Award.
* Won the 2011 Kairos Prize with a screenplay 'Blue Water Metal' which was read by top Hollywood Executives.
* Self published a short story collection 'Tantragee Arboretum'.
* Self published a children's book, 'Professor Vunderverk's Space, Sea and Land Adventures'.
* Screenplay 'Sixgun Alley' a semifinalist in 2013 Kairos Prize.
* Screenplay 'Drift Station Deep' a semifinalist in 2014 Kairos Prize.
* Play 'Central Otago Man' shortlisted in Playmarket Adam New Play Awards.
Kairos Prize for Spiritually Uplifting Screenplays - for "Blue Water Metal"
Auckland Playwrights Collective New Play Award - for "Home Invasion"
Sunday Star Times Short Story Award - for "Apples"