Creative Director, Screenwriter and Producer, 7 years, as well as current President of growing American film company Ghost Walk Studios, "Where Myth Meets Reality"; co-founder with best friend Victoria Vardon. As a photographer, "chance and circumstance" brought me to the world of filmmaking through meeting and becoming friends with Director/Cinematographer Steve Olander. I have since become a professional screenwriter for my studio and others. Seeking film investors for major, movie features.
* Creator & Writer of the multi-generational, female-centric "Ghost Walk Saga" paranormal/horror film series. Also screenwriter & producer of the award-winning film GHOST WALK: THE FARM and upcoming feature ESTELLA'S REVENGE. Current screenplay: "THE END WAS THEN"; with co-writers Margaret Lute and Julie Simon.
* Exec Producer & Screenwriter of GHOST WALK: THE FARM, produced, multi-award-winning film; including "Best Short Horror", Cleveland Indie Gathering International FF. Multiple, worldwide "Official Selections" and "Best Film" nominations from film festivals for the based on actual events "Haunted Honeymoon". Yes, the lead male actor's character is based upon me; to answer that question. Award-winning score by Calin McCarthy. Part 1 of "The Modern Trilogy". Distributed by Continuum Motion Pictures, and included in "Continuum Presents: The Horror Collection", Vol 1.
* Screenwriter of GHOST WALK: THE HARVEST BALL, produced, animated teaser. Nominated for "Best Animation", 2016 Finow FF, Germany
* Exec Producer, Screenwriter, and AC of ESTELLA'S REVENGE, sequel to "Ghost Walk: The Farm". Part 2 of "The Modern Trilogy". Special Effects by Hollywood guru Alan Tuskes and Ohio SFX artist Daniel Blain Click. Starring 'scream queen' Lynn Lowry and the demon Pazuzu of "The Exorcist" Eileen Dietz. Music video/film teaser released; featuring the hit song "Bad Girl" by rockstar Mikayla King. Score by Calin McCarthy. In final edit by Alex Gressel with assist from Tony Vardon and me. New teaser soon (2018).
* December 2017 addition: Script Supervisor & AC of Christopher Maggard's "ROSA LEIGH", a supernatural story of revenge based in part on events which happened at the paranormal-active Poasttown School in Ohio. In preproduction from Creepy Attic Productions ( May 2018 filming).
*January 2018 addition: Developing a "new take" TV production RAVEN. Screenwrite, as well as my first production as lead director. (2018)
* Screenwriter with co-screenwriters Margaret Lute & Julie Simon of the final piece of "The Modern Trilogy" named "THE END WAS THEN". What began with Estella in "Ghost Walk: The Farm" and turns to insanity in "Estella's Revenge" will rock the lives of every member of the Dawson family and the inhabitants of Dawson Falls, Ohio. Will the Dawsons survive as "the man who will not die" Solomon Taggart reveals his ageless goal to rule and subvert those he has befriended? But can he win as a new, old protagonist enters the fray? Starring multi award-winning actors Lynn Lowry as Matriarch Mary Brigid Dawson, Rick Montgomery, Jr as Solomon Taggart, and Rachel Anderson as Estella. (2018-19)
* TEMPTATION LANE, in post production with Malik Ali of Angry Cupcakes Productions and Victoria Vardon of Ghost Walk Studios. Edit by Steve Olander of Ghost Walk Studios. (2018)
* Producer & Screenwriter of LILLY'S CRY, current in-production documentary about the real ghost/spirit Lilly Rose, who is the heart of "Ghost Walk" and my sweet, little spirit girl; by Ghost Walk Studios. Several witnesses interviewed who have experienced the spirit girl in their own lives; including Scotty Rorek, Kat Lang, Elena Maggard, and myself. Edit by Christopher Maggard & TJ Cooley. (2017-18) Score by Tiffany Apan and Jason English. Additional witnesses and reenactment scenes being scheduled. (2018)
*Co-producer of Maggie Shayne's best-selling novel EMBRACE THE TWILIGHT through Carlos Dunn's Vampire 2 Films, In association with Ghost Walk Studios, and produced with most of the Ghost Walk Studios staff/crew. Filming sets in Mexico and Ohio, Autumn 2017 and Spring 2018. Major motion picture to be distributed through limited theatrical release and VOD. (2018)
* Co-producer of DEAD SLATE, a retro horror/slasher film with creators Victoria & Tony Vardon. Written and produced by award-winning horror screenwriter Kerry Fleming, writing partner of Victor Miller of Friday the 13th fame. In preproduction. Filming planned in Kentucky or Ohio; depending on state tax incentives. Starring Anna Margaret and John Dugan. Sales Book/Budget available to approved requests/investors only. This is a first run, Hollywood feature production. (2018-19)
*Managing Producer and base screenwriter of Terrie Ann Zervos' THE STRANGER COMES TO TEXAS. Working with New York producers/screenwriters to revise the script; as well as budget development. Starring Making of the Mob's "Lucky Luciano" Rich Graff (2019)
* Development of "REMUS: THE REAL GATSBY". Based in history and upon best-selling novel about George Remus, the real-life "King of Bootleggers" who was featured in "Boardwalk Empire". Remus has been noted as F. Scott Fitzgerald's model for "The Great Gatsby" novel. Filming planned in Cincinnati, Ohio at select locations where the historical events occurred; including Death Valley and Eden Park. (2020)
* Co-Screenwriter of THE HARVEST BALL feature, part one of "The Victorian" trilogy; in script development with Hollywood screenwriter Brock Rockman. This is the beginning of "The Ghost Walk Saga" whose family descendants are the stuff of terrifying legend in "The Modern Trilogy" series of films: "The Farm", "Estella's Revenge", and "The End Was Then". Seeking executive producers for the major, period film series. (2020)
Name: Rocky Karlage
Lives in: Cincinnati, Ohio
Company: Ghost Walk Studios, LLC
Occupation: Producer, Screenwriter, Creative Executive, Director, Graphic Designer, Photographer (Still) and Videographer
Unique traits: Writer/director/videographer/voiceover. Former fashion/alternative photographer, and still for hire; depending on the gig. Love God, wife, family, friends, crazy cat, and Mexican food!
Documentary by Ghost Walk Studios (Documentary) Producer/Screenwriter Lilly's Cry is a documentary from Ghost Walk Studios about the spirit girl known as "Lilly Rose". Lilly connected with Rocky Karlage, the creator of "Ghost Walk", when he was a young man. She has continued contact with him and others for years, and still does so today to tell her story; which has become the genesis of the main Ghost Walk stories. The documentary is being filmed at actual locations in Ohio where she once lived and has been witnessed, as well as interviews with several others who have seen her and/or experienced her visits, both in Ohio and several other states. Written by Ghost Walk
Film by Ghost Walk Studios (Horror) Producer The "sterotypical" cast of a slasher film production are stalked by a mask wearing psychopath with each kill an homage to classic horror film kill scenes and a final scene that will stun audiences.
Maggie Shayne's Embrace the Twilight
Film by Vampires 2 Film/Ghost Walk Studios (Romance) Producer A film based on New York Times bestselling author Maggie Shayne's "Embrace the Twilight." Experience has taught Sarafina that love leads only to betrayal and heartbreak. She has vowed to never allow herself to fall in love again. She brags that she has cured herself of that flaw. Then Colonel Willem Stone comes into her life, a man as boldly alive as she is, and a man with an unbreakable the will of iron. The only thing stronger than the clash of their wills is the power of their desire. When the child of promise is kidnapped, they must put aside their struggle and combine their strengths in a rescue attempt that could cost them their lives. And in the process they discover the most powerful force of all. Love.
Film by Ghost Walk Studios (Drama and Horror) Executive Producer/Screenwriter The mysterious events of "Ghost Walk: The Farm" only grow more mysterious as Estella (Dawson) Harper struggles with the truth of her family's past and history of violence. And, who is the strange Southerner who never seems to age? History from the Civil War, through the Victorian Era, and into today explode across the screen as Estella's rich and infamous family members are called to account for their betrayal. A tale of "The Ghost Walk Saga". Written by Rocky Karlage
Ghost Walk: The Farm
Film by Ghost Walk Studios (Drama, Horror, Mystery and Thriller) Executive Producer/Screenwriter Based on a true paranormal story of horror; a real, haunted honeymoon! Newlyweds Johnny and Estella Harper are given a home to stay for their honeymoon. It's a wonderful time for the young couple until nature and chance occurrences at 'The Farm' trap them in a place worse than nightmare. The noises at night haunt their waking dreams. What finds them is not friendly... or kind. 'Not all that goes bump in the night should be found...' Written by Rocky Karlage
Venice Film Week - Best Short Film Nomination
International Filmmaker Festival Of World Cinema London, Official Selection & 3 Nominations
Wendy's Shorts, Nominated for Best Short Horror Film
Ozark Shorts, Las Vegas, Official Selection
Finow Film & Script Festival, Germany. Nominated Best Animation.
The Strange Film Awards, Best Narrative Feature Selection
FANtastic Horror Film Festival, Best SFX & Best Sound Design Nominations
Indie Gathering International Film Festival, Best Short Horror Film Trophy