Creative Director, Screenwriter and Producer, 8+ years, as well as current President of American film company Ghost Walk Studios, "Where Myth Meets Reality"; co-founder with best friend Victoria Vardon. As a photographer, "chance and circumstance" brought me to the world of filmmaking through meeting and becoming friends with Director/Cinematographer Steve Olander. I have since become a professional screenwriter for my studio and others. Recruiting film investors for major, movie features. Ohio Tax Incentives.
Board members: myself, Victoria Vardon, Tony Vardon, Steve Olander, Kerry Fleming. Office Manager: Charlie Jiin
* Creator & Writer of the multi-generational, female-centric "Ghost Walk Saga" paranormal/horror film series. Also screenwriter & producer of the award-winning film GHOST WALK: THE FARM and upcoming feature ESTELLA'S REVENGE. Current screenplay: "THE END WAS THEN"; with co-writers Margaret Lute and Julie Simon.
* Exec Producer & Screenwriter of GHOST WALK: THE FARM, produced, multi-award-winning film; including "Best Short Horror" Tropy, Cleveland Indie Gathering International FF (2012), and "Best Suspense Feature" Trophy, Sicily International FF (2018).. Multiple, worldwide "Official Selections" and "Best Film" nominations from film festivals for the based on actual events "Haunted Honeymoon". Award-winning score by Calin McCarthy. Part 1 of "The Modern Trilogy". Distributed by Continuum Motion Pictures, and included in "Continuum Presents: The Horror Collection", Volume 1. (2011)
New edit by the director Steve Olander appearing on BluRay in 2019.
* Screenwriter of GHOST WALK: THE HARVEST BALL, produced, animated teaser. Nominated for "Best Animation", 2016 Finow FF, Germany (2012)
* Exec Producer, Screenwriter, and AC of ESTELLA'S REVENGE, sequel to "Ghost Walk: The Farm". Part 2 of "The Modern Trilogy". Special Effects by Hollywood pro Alan Tuskes and Ohio SFX artist Daniel Blain Click. . Music video/film teaser released; featuring the hit song "Bad Girl" by rockstar Mikayla King. Score by Calin McCarthy. Rough edit by Alex Gressel, and score by Cal McCarthy. Spring (2019).
* Assistant Camera of Christopher Maggard's ROSA LEIGH, a supernatural story of revenge based in part on events which happened at the paranormal-active Poasttown School in Ohio. In post-production from Creepy Attic Productions (2018).
* Exec Producer and Screenwriter with co-screenwriters Margaret Lute & Julie Simon of the final piece of "The Modern Trilogy" named "THE END WAS THEN". What began with Estella in "Ghost Walk: The Farm" and turns to insanity in "Estella's Revenge" will rock the lives of every member of the Dawson family and the inhabitants of Dawson Falls, Ohio. Will the Dawsons survive as "the man who will not die" Solomon Taggart reveals his ageless goal to rule and subvert those he has befriended? Part 3/Finale of "The Modern Trilogy".
Initial filming begins June 2019)
* TEMPTATION LANE, in post production with Malik Ali of Angry Cupcakes Productions and Victoria Vardon of Ghost Walk Studios. Edit by Steve Olander of Ghost Walk Studios. (2019)
* Producer & Screenwriter of LILLY'S CRY, current in-production docudrama about the real ghost/spirit Lilly Rose, who is the heart of "Ghost Walk" and my sweet, little spirit girl; by Ghost Walk Studios. Several witnesses interviewed who have experienced the spirit girl in their own lives; including Scotty Rorek, Kat Lang, Victoria Vardon, and myself. DP and editor TJ Cooley. (2018-19) Score by Tiffany Apan and Jason English, with lovely new, original song "Lullaby". New reenactment scenes in development. (2019)
*Co-producer of Maggie Shayne's best-selling novel EMBRACE THE TWILIGHT through Carlos Dunn's Vampire 2 Films, In association with Ghost Walk Studios, and produced with most of the Ghost Walk Studios staff/crew. Filming sets in Mexico and Ohio, Autumn 2017 and Spring 2018. Sadly, our friend, partner and producer passed away in 2018 from cancer. Ghost Walk Studios is working to finish Carlos movie with Victoria Vardon as Managing Producer. Major motion picture to be distributed through limited theatrical release and VOD. (2019)
* Producer/Screenwriter of RAVEN, a new concept series for TV based in part on the life of a famous writer. Starring Angela Duggins as Raven and Logan Shephard as The Writer. Proof-of-concept filming in Cincinnati. (2019)
* Co-producer of DEAD SLATE, a retro horror/slasher film with creators Victoria & Tony Vardon. Written and produced by award-winning horror screenwriter Kerry Fleming, writing partner of Victor Miller of Friday the 13th fame. In preproduction. Starring Max Wasa, Brooke Lewis, and John Dugan. Sales Book/Budget available to approved requests/investors only. This is a first run, Hollywood feature production. (2019-2020)
*Managing Producer of the late Carlos Dunn's short films to be released on DVD/BluRay and online VOD; series to include the award-winning "Katherine", "Hurry Sundown", "Not Quite Dead", "I Thought You Were A Nice Man", and possibly others. From Vampires2Films and Ghost Walk Studios. (2020)
*Managing Producer and base screenwriter of Terrie Ann Zervos' THE STRANGER COMES TO TEXAS. Working with New York producer/screenwriter Rich Graff to revise the script; as well as budget development. Starring Making of the Mob's "Lucky Luciano" Rich Graff, Richard T. Phillis as the Sheriff, and Terrie Zervos as Special Agent Cody (2020)
*Early development work for "REMUS, THE REAL GATSBY" about the infamous bootlegger who controlled most of Cincinnati's illegal whiskey sales during Prohibition. Planned as "based upon a best-selling novel". (2021)
Unique traits: Writer/director/videographer/voiceover. Former fashion/alternative model photographer. Still open to pay gigs.
Estella's Revenge Horror Immortality has a price.
The Stranger Comes to Texas
Film by The Stranger Comes To Texas, LLC (Drama and Romance) Producer/Managing Producer
The End Was Then
Film by Ghost Walk Studios/Rocky Karlage (Horror) Producer/Screenwriter/Director
Film by Ghost Walk Studios/Staci Layne Wilson (Horror) Producer The "sterotypical" cast of a slasher film production are stalked by a mask wearing psychopath with each kill an homage to classic horror film kill scenes and a final scene that will stun audiences.
Documentary by Ghost Walk Studio/TJ Cooley (Documentary) Producer/Screenwriter Lilly's Cry is a docudrama from Ghost Walk Studios about the spirit girl known as "Lilly Rose". Lilly connected with Rocky Karlage, the creator of "Ghost Walk", when he was a young man. She has continued contact with him and others for years to tell her story; which has become the genesis of the Ghost Walk themed stories. Reenactments and interviews comprise what is known of her true story.
Film Camera and Electrical Department
Maggie Shayne's Embrace the Twilight
Film by Vampires 2 Film/Ghost Walk Studios/Carlos Dunn (Horror and Romance) Producer A film based on New York Times bestselling author Maggie Shayne's "Embrace the Twilight." Experience has taught Sarafina that love leads only to betrayal and heartbreak. She has vowed to never allow herself to fall in love again. She brags that she has cured herself of that flaw. Then Colonel Willem Stone comes into her life, a man as boldly alive as she is, and a man with an unbreakable the will of iron. The only thing stronger than the clash of their wills is the power of their desire. When the child of promise is kidnapped, they must put aside their struggle and combine their strengths in a rescue attempt that could cost them their lives. And in the process they discover the most powerful force of all. Love.
Film by Ghost Walk Studios/Steve Olander (Drama and Horror) Executive Producer/Screenwriter The mysterious events of "Ghost Walk: The Farm" only grow more mysterious as Estella (Dawson) Harper struggles with the truth of her family's past and history of violence. And, who is the strange Southerner who never seems to age? History from the Civil War, through the Victorian Era, and into today explode across the screen as Estella's rich and infamous family members are called to account for their betrayal. A tale of "The Ghost Walk Saga". Written by Rocky Karlage
Hurry Sundown Rachel's Story
Film by Carlos Dunn (Horror and Romance) Production manager
Ghost Walk: The Farm
Film by Ghost Walk Studios/Steve Olander (Drama, Horror, Mystery and Thriller) Executive Producer/Screenwriter Based on a true paranormal story of horror; a real, haunted honeymoon! Newlyweds Johnny and Estella Harper are given a home to stay for their honeymoon. It's a wonderful time for the young couple until nature and chance occurrences at 'The Farm' trap them in a place worse than nightmare. The noises at night haunt their waking dreams. What finds them is not friendly... or kind. 'Not all that goes bump in the night should be found...' Arriving on BluRay 2019. Written by Rocky Karlage
Sicily International Film Festival - Official Selection & Best Suspense Trophy,
Venice Film Week - Best Short Film Nomination
International Filmmaker Festival Of World Cinema London, Official Selection & 3 Nominations
Wendy's Shorts, Nominated for Best Short Horror Film
Ozark Shorts, Las Vegas, Official Selection
Finow Film & Script Festival, Germany. Nominated Best Animation.
The Strange Film Awards, Best Narrative Feature Selection
FANtastic Horror Film Festival, Best SFX & Best Sound Design Nominations
Indie Gathering International Film Festival, Best Short Horror Film Trophy