I was brought up in a real world thriller/action movie, also known as Northern Ireland, but moved to the more sedate surroundings of Scotland to study at uni. These days I work in the construction industry and can point out a building I've contributed to in nearly every major city on the UK mainland. But writing for TV and film is the real dream.
Thankfully, I've already seen some appreciation for my writing through various screenwriting competitions, but the true measure of my writing success will be getting some projects into production. Whether that comes in the form of my own projects or projects written on commission for others, I would be happy with either.
- WINNER Write Movies Sci-Fi & Fantasy Award 2019 with 'The Time-trap'
- HONOURABLE MENTION Write Movies Sci-Fi & Fantasy Award 2019 with ‘Endangered Species’
- HONOURABLE MENTION Write Movies Spring 2019 with ‘The Time-trap’
- HONOURABLE MENTION in the 8th Annual Fresh Voices: Science Fiction/Fantasy genre with ‘The Time-trap’
- SEMI-FINALIST in the 2020 Screen Craft TV Pilot competition with 'The Guardians'
- SEMI-FINALIST in the Write Movies Winter 2019 competition with 'The Hunted'
- SEMI-FINALIST in the 8th Annual Fresh Voices: Science Fiction/Fantasy genre with ‘Endangered Species’
- SEMI-FINALIST in the 2018 Screen Craft Action/Thriller competition with 'The Hunted'
- SEMI-FINALIST in the 2018 Bluecat Feature Film competition with 'The Time-trap'
- SEMI-FINALIST in the 2018 Screen Craft Science Fiction/Fantasy competition with 'Endangered Species'
- SEMI-FINALIST in the Write Movies Winter 2018 Screenwriting contest with ‘Endangered Species’
- SECOND ROUNDER at the Austin Film Festival Screenwriting competition 2019 with 'The Hunted'
- QUARTER FINALIST in the Page International Screenwriting Awards 2017 with ‘The Time-trap’
The Time-trap Action ⋄ Sci-fi When the most dangerous man in America gets his hands on a time machine, an emotionally fragile FBI agent must go after him. However, although they can both jump backwards; they can never jump forwards. So, their journey through time becomes an odyssey into their past with a chance to change their future.
Endangered Species Budget: $30M+ | Romance ⋄ Sci-fi When an astrophysics professor is reanimated from an ancient cryo-pod found floating in space, he awakes to find the human race in a very different state to what he expected and sets out to find the love of his life against the will of a Universe wide corporation.
The Hunted Budget: $1M - $5M | Action ⋄ Thriller A woman struggling with the loss of her father and on the verge of uncovering a crime syndicate, ventures into the Scottish Highlands with her best friend. But this idyllic trip quickly turns into a fight for survival when a ruthless assassin is sent after them.