My name is Winnie Khaw; I recently graduated with a Masters in English (concentration in creative writing, 3.9 GPA) and THEN late last year discovered that I really, really love to write scripts. XD
So, I'm NOW an aspiring screenwriter who hopes to make my dream a viable life career.
If you (the people in this wonderful community) have a writing opportunity available, please get in touch! One thing about me--well--one of the things about me--is that I will work and rework at the assignment until the employer is fully satisfied. I'm also on a (non-carnivorous) prowl for a manager.
Please see below for my resume. I am happy to provide samples of my writing and to provide further information.
• intern for Luka Productions (2017-present)
• team writer for web romantic comedy, pre-production (2016-present)
• script reader for BlueCat Screenwriting Contest (2017-present)
• script coverage writer for Appleseed Entertainment (2017)
• script coverage writer for Screenwriting Staffing Premium (2016-present)
• script coverage writer for Better Management (2016)
• script reader for the Director of Hollins University’s screenwriting MFA program (2014)
• script coverage writer for Happy Writers (2013)
• proofreader for romance novels on Upwork (2016-2017)
• accepted as a writer to Creative Lab/Greenhouse Productions) (2017)
• Stage32 Fantasy & Sci-Fi Screenwriting Contest quarterfinalist (2017)
• New York short film & screenplay competition finalist (2017)
• New York Los Angeles International Film Festival Award of Excellence (2017)
• Cannes Screenplay Contest Finalist (2016)
• Los Angeles Cinema Festival of Hollywood Merit Award Winner (2017)
• accepted to Austin Short Comedy Film Festival (2017)
• accepted to Houston Comedy Film Festival (2017)
• WriteMovies international Winter Contest quarterfinalist (2017)
• WriteMovies Featured Script of the Month honorable mention (January 2017)
• accepted to international Beverly Hills Film Festival (2017)
• StoryPros International Screenplay Contest quarterfinalist (2016)
• New York Screenplay Contest 3rd place in sitcom category (2012)
LOGLINES for two feature scripts I've written
DREAM REHEARSAL, a sci-fi feature screenplay
In a futuristic utopian world sustained by paranormals that is concealing a horrifying secret, a young psychic must navigate a bewildering dreamscape in order to Awaken from a coma. A young man she assumes is a figment of her imagination guides her through her mind’s maze to help her find the answer to the biggest question of her life: Who is She? But perhaps the more important question is, Who is HE?
A rehearsal dream is a therapy used to cure nightmares, in which before going to sleep, one imagines a positive alternative ending.
ROYALLY DUPED: A Fairytale Gone Askew, a romantic comedy feature screenplay
A penniless con artist and a prince trying to avoid an arranged marriage fake a homosexual relationship, but find that the lie isn't so easy to maintain when they must foil the villainous schemes of a royal bastard who wants the throne for himself.
Name: Winnie Khaw
Lives in: Fullerton, California
University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
Chapman University (Orange, CA)