Acting : British Invasion by Tony Hunter

Tony Hunter

British Invasion

Hi all, I'm looking for some advise. I'm a British actor based in London and I'm looking for as much information on how to go about taking my career across the pond to the states. Do I go on a small trip first to scope it out? LA or New York? What would I need to have in place before I go? Anyone in the same situation who could provide info? Any advise or information would be greatly appreciated! Cheers Tony

Daniel Johnson

Definitely take a trip man. I went to LA last year for 10 days. Learned a lot, met some great people, decided it wasn't for me at all. Don't change your life without first checking it out. If you're going to LA, you need a car. And you kind of need a reason to be there, otherwise it's basically a big wasteland! New York is more like London. It's bustling and there's always lots happening and so many things to be a part of and to be inspired by. For me, my heart is in New York, you may feel different. Anyways feel free to email me if I can help more. Dan

Talia Price

Very good advice Daniel.

Bruno Xavier

No.1 thing to consider - Do you have a visa to work in the states? If not then life will be very difficult for you over here regardless of where you go and what you want to do.

Other topics in Acting:

register for stage 32 Register / Log In