Coffee Break Season 5 Episode 9 Filmmaker Shawna Khorasani
Welcome to Season 5 of Coffee Break. This is Episode 9 with filmmaker Shawna Khorasani. Shawna specializes in telling LGBTQ stories especially but she has a great grasp on storytelling and preparing to tell those stories. As evidence by her answers to our 5 questions this season. Hope you enjoy her answers and check out all she is doing out there afterwards.
SHAWNA' S LINKS:
The Adventures of Serena Berg episode playlist
Darren Short Film https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyqc5wf8uck
Lover Girl on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lovergirlfilm
Lover Girl on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lovergirl_film/
Coffee Break Season 5 Questions:
1. What is the point within your creative process that you decide more times than not a character’s fate?
2. Once you have a character’s fate decided, how often (give us a percentage) would you say that fate has changed?
3. What was the main reason for the change, fans or the actors who love and are playing them convince you, you fall in or out of love with them, the story shifts while editing, or your editor has made you change it because it makes more sense to go the other direction or you worked it out in rehearsal and they shifted the story that way?
4. Tell us about 1 character you came particularly fond of or grew to despise that you flushed out more for your film then originally expected and how with that character you went about giving them the depth you needed to make sure the audience stood up and took notice?
5. Give us a non-spoiler moment in which a character spoke out against your judgment and changed something benign but that ultimately might turn into a big deal?